Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pony Party!

Actual Date: Saturday, May 14, 2011

The big day had arrived.  Time for the Pony Party!

Awhile back when I asked the girls what kind of Birthday party they wanted they both said "My Little Pony."  Well actually Ava said "Your Little Pony."  Whenever she wants to watch My Little Pony she says "Can I watch Your Little Pony Mama?"

Any who, I figured there's no sense in doing two different My Little Pony parties and since their Birthdays are only two weeks apart, we decided to do their parties together.  The girls said they didn't mind and it really works out best because they both have pretty much the same friends.  

The cake table.


Thank you Misty for letting me borrow these!  

If you remember a few weeks ago I told you that my little adventure in trying to make these myself was not turning out so well. (click here for that)  Out of the blue my sweet neighbor asked me if I wanted to use the puffy balls left over from her daughters party because she noticed they matched our intimations.

What a life saver she was.  Thanks again girl!

Oh and the invitation!  I almost forgot!  I don't think I ever posted them for ya.  

I ordered these from Etsy.  I love that place.  How did we ever plan parties without it?  I just e mailed the info I wanted on it to the lady and she made them up and e mailed me back the final proof.  After that I just printed them out.  Two of them fit on a 4x6 so it was super cheap.  

After I cut them up I put them together in clear cellophane party bags and tied them off with curly ribbon.  I made sure I put one ticket per child in each families invites.  I wanted everyone to feel special because they got their own invite.  Plus they said "admit one" for a special treat that I had planned for later in the party.





Speaking of treat...

Here's a sneak peak at the inside of that cake.  I love making this cake because it's always a surprise to your guests.  Everyone loves it.

Oh and remember those cute little ponies that Chelsea helped me make?  Here they are on the big day...








And the banner.






I found these cute little clay ponies that I put out for all the kids to paint at the beginning of the party.  While we were waiting for the "surprise" to arrive.


Here's the girls faces when they first saw the "surprise."  Brooke smiled really big and just stood there like she didn't know what to do, and Ava wouldn't take her eyes off of it.


I'd say that's a super excited face.  Wouldn't you?


Ta- dah! A real My Little Pony.

Brooke was the first to ride.

Ava's first ride.  I say first because I think she had about 6 of them!  She LOVED it.

Here's some pictures of some of the fellow cowgirls and cowboys that came to celebrate with us:
Mia

Avery

Lily

 Landon

Joshua

Olivia

 Bri

 Ava again.  

I had Brian wake Parker up from his nap so he could have a turn too.  He didn't quite know what to think about the whole thing.

Brooke having another turn before cake time.

 Time to sing Happy Birthday!

 The big reveal of the cake.  

It didn't last long.

Avery, Brooke and Alexis saying goodbye to Nappi.  It was time for him to go back to Pony Land, and time for the girls to open presents.


Let me tell you, those girls were spoiled.  They got lots and lots of good loot.  Thank you everyone who came out to celebrate our precious girls with us.  

They had a ton of fun and we hope you did too.

That night after we put the kids to bed, Brooke came out and said "Mom, was that a real My Little Pony?"  I told her of course it was. She said "Well,  how did it know how to get here?"  I told her that I had sent an invitation to Ponyland but I wasn't sure if they would get it.  Obviously they did though...

She smiled and said "I knew it!"

1 comment:

ErinCooks said...

I wish I had your creativity!! Also, the pony was a great touch. . I admit, I got a little emotional thinking about how excited your girls were! (must be a mom thing!) Awesome Party Kyla!!