Thursday, June 23, 2011

Splash Park Fun

Actual Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011
It's been hot here.  And I do mean HOT.  But we've loved being able to have fun in the Sun. 


This was Parker's first time at the splash park as a "big boy."  Last year he loved it but he wasn't even walking yet and I'm sure he doesn't remember any of it.  This year he wasn't too sure about it.  Anytime one little water droplet would touch him he would yell "Ouch!  Ow!"  That's his word for anything he doesn't like.  


He had more fun picking leaves off the bushes.  A little girl about his age was interested in what he was doing so they ended up playing and talking for a while.  When she left her Mom said "Say goodbye to you boyfriend.  Ask him for his number!"

  


Ava on the other hand LOVED the water and everything about it.  


She's kept running over and saying "Take my picture like this! And take one like this!"


After his Girlfriend left Parker came to me and asked "Where's Ava?"  I asked him if he wanted to go in the water with Ava and he nodded yes.  So I called her over and she took his hand and led him to the water.  This time he loved it!

I love watching my girls be big sisters to their brother.  They are so loving and sweet.  I especially love the way it makes Ava feel when she gets to be the big sister.  A lot of the time she plays the roll of little sister to Brooke.  But she just lights up when she gets to be the big sister and help Parker.


When it was time to go Brooke ran over and jumped up on a nearby rock.  She struck a pose and said "Take a picture of me for your blog!"

No comments: