Thursday, June 30, 2011

Show And Tell

So I wanted to show you what I got and tell you about one of my favorite boutiques, Harper and Grace Boutique.  I told you about them before (in this post) when they made Parker's 1st Birthday shirt.

When I hear the words "show and tell" all I can think of is my old Preschool students who would start out every show and tell with "This is my __(insert object here)__... and I like it... and I don't want anybody to touch it."

Love them.
    
Moving on, I found these dresses on sale and I picked them up for who knows what.


And then as I was planning for our trip next month I got to thinking, that can be a dangerous thing sometimes...


And I wanted to get the kids something made special to wear at Disneyland like we did last year (click here for that post)


The first thing I thought of was Harper and Grace Boutique.

Adrienne, one of the owners is a dear friend of mine.  Her In Laws were my neighbors (and friends) about 5 years ago.  We've stayed friends ever since.


After I spoke with Dani (the other owner of the boutique) about making the dresses for the girls I got to thinking, again...

And then I though, I can't make the girls something cute and special and forget about the Little Man!


So I ordered this too.  

Don't ya love it?  I swear the boy has about 5 tie shirts. 

They're cheezy.  I know this.  But I'm a sucker for 'em.  

 Oh and here's another thing I wanted to share with you.  Have you ever heard of foxpaws?  

What are foxpaws you say?

Just the cutest shoes on the face of the Planet. 

Harper and Grace Boutique is a distributor for them.



I just wanted to take a time out and show you that there's more going on behind the scenes of my pictures than what meets the eye.  Usually there's one, or more children in my lap, behind me, to the side of me, behind my curtain trying to get my attention or get into whatever I'm taking pictures of.

This was on my right today.

And this precious little baby was on my left saying,  "Those are my shoes.  I sure do love dem."

I would also like to add that just because I post a few "nice" pictures where everyone smiles and everything looks honky dorey doesn't mean that EVERY picture I took was like that.  What you don't see is the 35 other pictures I took before I got that shot.  

Being a Stay At Home Mom is seriously one of the hardest jobs there is.  Just yesterday I had to make a last minute early morning Dr.'s appointment because the kids gave me their pink eye (thank you), then I had to get blood work drawn for a blood test.  After that we ran back across town to try to make it to the gym before my favorite class started.  I was 15 minutes late but the instructor said "Come on in!"  Then we drove another 40 minutes to pick up the dresses and shirts from Dani... I was 30 minutes late!  Yikes!  Sorry again girl!  I swear I got every red light and got stuck behind every slow truck that was on the road.  

Then I got Starbucks and all was right in the world again.

After we got home I had to head into the Dentist, for the second time this week, to get my tooth fixed.  Luckily it only took a minute.  

But I did all this with all three kids, all before 3 O'clock in the afternoon.

Oh and after Brian got home I delivered baskets for 3 hours and then went grocery shopping.  Then we were up half the night with Ava who was suffering from a migraine.  It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.  She was in bad shape.  Poor baby, I hope she doesn't start getting them all the time like her Mama.

Ok, thank you for letting me rant and rave.  I'm not really sure why I felt like I needed to tell you all of that.  I guess I just wanted to let everyone out there know that it's not all Sugar and Spice all the time around here.  I know a lot of times we look at others pictures and think "Wow, they've got it so great."  Don't get me wrong, I do love my life, but I have rough days too.  Just like everyone else.

All that said, I wouldn't trade my job for anything else in the World.

Anyways, back to the shoes!

They're to die for.  I said it before and I meant it, if they ever make the cheetah ones in adult sizes I'm all over it!

Adrienne and her family gave my girls foxpaws for their Birthdays!  I couldn't believe it.  I was so excited!  And so where they.


So now you know.

Harper and Grace Boutique + Foxpaws = Love

Seriously check out their stuff.  I'm sure you'll find something you'll want NEED. 

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I read it and i liked it and i don't want anyone to touch it. lol

Kyla said...

Jaime! You totally know exactly what I'm talking about. Wasn't it so cute when they would say that. EVERY single one of them. haha