Thursday, June 23, 2011

Potty Training ABC's

Actual Date: Friday, June 17, 2011

I forgot to add some exciting news!  

Last week I took Parker to the Doctor because he wasn't feeling so hot and he kept stumbling everywhere.  Well turns out he had Strep and two really bad ear infections.  Poor little guy.  He was still his happy little self.  

She said that the fluid in his ears was the consistency of glue and it will be very hard for his body to drain it all on his own.  Poor thing can't catch a break.  We talked again about the possibility of him having to get tubes put in. At this point I think I'm ready for it.  He's just been battling ear infection after ear infection.  Brooke has done really well since she had her tubes put in so I have faith that it'll be worth it in the end.

Ok you are probably like "Um, didn't you say you had good news?  I haven't heard anything positive yet..."

Remember awhile back when I asked you to pray for Parker's head growth in my Size Does Matter post?  Well the other day when he was at the Doctor I asked her to measure his head to see if he had had any progress.  And I am elated to announce that his head has grown 1.2 inches in the past three months.  This is after absolutely no growth in 9 plus months.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers! He's still very low on the percentile chart but some growth is better than no growth.  

Just wanted to give you all a little update on that situation.  

So for the past month or so Parker has been telling me "I potty!"  Usually it's after he's just gone in his diaper.  But hey, it's a start right?  He's not even two so I'll take what I can get.

Potty training the girls was a nightmare.  It was my idea, not theirs.  So I decided with Parker I would just let him do whatever he wanted when he was ready.

I think because he sees the girls run off to the bathroom a million times a day, he kinda picked up on it early.  So I bought him his own little Cars seat to put on the potty and he loves it.  He would sit there for an hour if I let him.  Seriously, when he gets up there's a toilet ring around his little bum. 

He hasn't actually gone but I'm sure when he accidentally does one of these times he's going to be really excited.  And so will everyone else in the house.  The girls love to read him books while he's up there but recently he's decided he wants to work on his singing voice.  He sings everything from his ABC's to The Itsy Bitsy Spider.  

I caught a minute of it on tape to share with everyone the other night. 

Here's some of the comments people left him on Facebook.


    • Krystal Kellison He knows the alphabet? He's SO smart!
      June 17 at 5:58pm · 

    • Sara Nicole Saenz That is just to darn cite he is so adorable :)
      June 17 at 6:27pm · 

    • Bethany McAfee Frisch that's precious! We will have to sing that in Babyridge on Sunday
      June 17 at 6:34pm · 

    • Jennifer Billingsley Potty training already? He's not even two yet! Someday I want ALL your tricks.
      June 17 at 7:26pm · 

    • Jennifer Rowan So stinkin cute!
      June 17 at 7:52pm · 

    • Kyla Billingsley Bethany- He would love to show off for ya! Jen- It's all his idea. The girls were a nightmare to train. He's the one who asks so I let him sit there for as long as he wants. He hasn't gone yet but he thinks he's a big boy.
      June 17 at 9:01pm · 

    • Ashley Harmonson That is so cute:)
      June 17 at 10:25pm · 

    • Shirley Long Bowman absolutely adorable!!!
      June 17 at 10:29pm · 

    • Jaime Lynn Davis The kids and i love him. so so cute. Brady was like, "momma lets watch it again."
      June 18 at 10:23am · 

No comments: