Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grandpa And Grandma, Rain and Rainbows

Actual Date: Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Within an hour of my Father and Mother in Love landing here, the skies turned black and it started to pour.  They were lucky to make it in.

After dinner Grandma gave the kids a bath and that's when I noticed that the rain had stopped and there was a beautiful Rainbow.  


You could actually see both ends of it from where we where.  It was really cool.


We hollered at the kids to come out and look.  Here comes Grandma and Brooke.  

I love Brooke's face here.


She thought it was the coolest thing ever.




Parker splashing around in the rain water after his bath... He's such a boy.


Daddy and Ava.


The Sun set was amazing.


The clouds looked like they were painted in the sky.




And this is the point I decided to put the camera down and head back inside.  Although the rain had stopped, the lightening had not.  There was a big flash, the power lines started sizzling and the hair stood up on my arms.


Then I came in and posted a picture of the storm on Facebook.  Brian was nice enough to let me borrow his straw glasses so I could see what I was doing.  LOL Those things are so crazy.  You get more air bubbles than you do liquid but it was fun to try.


Brooke, Parker and Grandma cuddling on the couch.

Later that evening we were all sitting around talking.  Brian and his Dad were sitting at the table talking about something.  I walked into the kitchen  and looked over at Parker sitting on Brian's lap.  He was totally telling some big story.  He was trying to be part of the conversation.  He kept jabbering big long sentences and then he would pause and take a drink of his cup, put it down and continue on with his story.  It was so funny.  But the funniest part of the whole thing is that Brian and his Dad didn't even notice.  Parker didn't care though, he was hanging with the guys.  

I caught a little bit of it on video.  It gave us a good laugh so I thought I'd share.

1 comment:

ErinCooks said...

So Cute Kyla! I love your little man joining in!! Of course your daughters get prettier and prettier every day! What a blessed life you live!!!