Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby/ Child Dedication

Actual Date: Sunday, May 8, 2011

So we finally got around to dedicating our kids to the Lord.  It seems like every time we had a kid we were in the middle of moving and then by we got settled in and found a Church, we were pregnant or moving again.

But now we're in a Church we LOVE and we wanted to finally take this step.  


I had high hopes of our three little children standing up there in their Sunday best, standing like little angels.  But as soon as we hit that stage Parker switched on and there was no containing him.  Brian and I tried passing him back and forth between us.  But that wasn't working.  I asked Brian if he had anything in his pocket to distract him with and the only thing he could find was a pen.

That kept him busy for about 10 seconds.


Then he was off and running.


He was following Pastor Paul, walking back and forth across the stage, jabbering all the way, as Paul prayed.


We were "that" family.


Yes, we're talking about you.


At least the girls behaved themselves.  By the look of Brooke in this picture, she wasn't about to leave my side.

Oh and thank you to my sweet friend Katie who I threw my camera at in the hallway on the way in and said "Would you mind?"  I am so grateful that you agreed, as if I really gave you a choice, to take pictures for us.  With all of our family being so far away and unable to attend, I know they are all grateful for the pictures as well.  Thank you! 

Brooke, Ava and Parker: 

Daddy and Mommy love you very much.  You three have the biggest hearts in those small little bodies.  We are so proud of who you are and who you are becoming.  We can't wait to see what God has planned for you life.  And we are forever grateful that he has allowed us the blessing of being your Daddy and Mommy.

No comments: