Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brooke's Mother's Day Program

Actual Date: Friday May 6, 2011

Brooke's class put on a little Mother's Day program for us.  Look how cute they all are standing there.

That is my little Brookie Cookie there in the front row, second from the right.

While we were waiting for all the Moms to show up the kids showed off their Yoga moves.

Every Monday they have a Yoga instructor come in and teach them these snazzy moves.

I have to say I was impressed with their form.

Soon it was time for the big show!

When they were preparing for the program the Mrs. Liz, their Teacher asked them to think of a word that describe their Mommy.  I love what they came up with.

Brooke said I am her "diamond."  

:o)

After the show it was time for presents.

Brooke made this vase for me.  She was so excited to give it to me.  For a whole week she had been telling me that she had something 'very special' for me but she wasn't going to tell me what it was because it's a secret.

Brooke and her friend Rylee

And this next picture I had to post for all of my friends back home in California.  I know all of you who grew up in the High Desert will get a kick out of this.

One of the Dad's that was there was wearing a "El Mirage Dry Lake Racing" shirt.

It made me take a second look.  Here we are in the middle of Texas and someone has a El Mirage shirt on.  Crazy.

So I asked him where he got the shirt, if he had ever been to the Dry Lake bed Races...

And he said, "Um I think I got it at Dillard's."

So there you have it, El Mirage fever is spreading.  It's going viral.  Bigger and faster than the Swine Flu.

It'll be Global before we know it.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

CUTE Mothers Day gift! =)