Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting To Work On The Summer Bucket List

Remember a few post back I told ya about how I was working on a Summer Bucket List?  

Well we sat down at dinner one night a few weeks ago and got our list made.  But it took me awhile to get it all put together.  

This is our family list.

And Brooke and Ava made a list of their own too.  

I plan on putting pictures of us doing the things on the list in all the blank spots on the board.  Can't wait to start checking things off!  

I'm weird like that.  I love a good list.  And I love crossing things off a good list even more.  

Am I alone in this?  Am I the only one with this neurotic kind of behavior?

Really I'm asking.  I need to know!

Since Summer is well underway I decided we better get to work on this whole Bucket List thing.  The first thing we decided to do was make our own chalk.  I had seen it on a blog awhile back but I was a little nervous that it wouldn't wash off the concrete because of the food coloring.  But my friend Kristine did it with her kids and she said it washed clean off when they were through.  

So I figured we could try it.  If it didn't wash off I would blame it on Kristine and that way Brian couldn't be mad at me right?  Haha Just kidding Kristine.  Love ya girl!  

Now here is the part when you SHOULD read the recipe.  Or you could do what I did.  I figure I could just eye ball it and it would all turn out alright.  Heck I was a Pre-School teacher for 4 years... I've got to have some kind of inborn sixth sense about this kinda stuff right?  

Wrong.

I kept having to add water, and then more corn starch, and then more water and more corn starch...

Finally we got the right consistency and we were ready to add the color and get to town.


Doesn't it look good?

And it was fun too.

The girls discovered that it was easier and funner to use your fingers.

Pretty soon it was all over everything and everyone. 

And I do mean ALL over.

Look at those cute little toesies.  

And look at that mess.  I'd say that's a sure sign of a productive, fun day. 

2 comments:

Kristine said...

LOL! Blame me huh??!! ;) Love your bucket list! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way about crossing off lists... you are not alone! :P