Friday, May 20, 2011

Party Preparations

Chelsea and Gram thought they were coming here for "Spring Break" but little did they know that I had work set up for them.  

High priority was the at least 17 episodes of Unsolved Mysteries piled up in the DVR that needed to be cleaned off.

What, you didn't know that show was still on?!

Either did I until a few weeks ago. I am too scared to watch them by myself though.  So after the kids went to bed, we settled down to work on Birthday party preparations and to watch our mystery shows.

Oh, and you're welcome.  I knew you were a fan.

That's why we're friends.  :o)

Anyways back to the party preparations.  Both girls wanted a My Little Pony party (or in Ava's words a "Your Little Pony party") so since both of their Birthdays are in May and because both girls mostly have the same friends, we decided to just have their parties together.

Once we had the theme pinned down you know me, I had to  get to work finding party ideas.  It's a problem I have.
  
The first thing I found was these toilet paper roll ponies.  Aren't they cute?

 I put Chels to work on those.  She pays attention to detail and has the same neurotic perfectionist behaviors that I have so I knew she'd do a god job.

...As long as she wasn't too distracted by Unsolved Mysteries...

Here's the head of one.  Cute huh?

And look at those cute little googly eyes.  They have lashes!

And here's what a finished body looks like.

The next morning when Ava woke up she saw what we had been working on and got so excited.  Ava is my little arts and crafts girl.  She asked if she could make a pony too.  So we set her up and she went to town.  


I also had this grand idea that I would make those puffy tissue paper things.  

Yeah... that was fun...

NOT!

They were supposed to look like this but yeah, not even close.  I'm not even posting a picture of how mine turned out.

They were that bad.

And lastly I wanted to make a banner.  After perusing Etsy for a few hundred hours I found that I could have bought one and saved myself all the hassle but what would be the fun in that?

Stay tuned.  I'll post pictures of the My Little Pony party soon.  It was a blast!

Oh and there's one more little surprise I had up my sleeve.  But you'll have to wait for that post to find out what it is.

No comments: