Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sleep Over, Savings and Saying Good Bye

Actual Date: Wednesday, April 27 and Thursday, April 28, 2011

After I dropped Brooke off at school on Wednesday we decided to go on a last minute shopping trip.  We couldn't send Chels home empty handed could we?  It's a good thing we made that trip because we found some awesome deals.

No really, between the two of us we saved over $400.00!

Seriously.

First we stopped at one of my new favorite stores, Crazy 8.  A friend of mine told me to check into it.  It is a Sister Store of Gymboree.  Same great quality, but much cheaper prices.  Well I found one near me a while back and I wanted Chelsea to get to see it while she was here.

At Crazy 8 they were having a huge Winter blow out sale.  I got like 7 things for $28.09.  

Let me just break down the savings for you because that's the exciting part for me.

The total sales price before sale prices and discounts was $95.95.  So that means I saved $67.86.

I know right.  Super exciting stuff.  But wait till you hear about the savings at Gymboree...

When we walked in there we knew something big had to be going on because there was tons of bins and people were literally digging through them.  Apparently they were having a $2.99 sale!  The lady at the counter said that their store room was stuffed full and they needed to clear it out.  She was just bring boxes out from the back and dumping them in the bins.  

We got some awesome stuff there.  One of the best things I found was some new Cowgirl boots for Brooke.  The one's she has now are starting to get too small but she loves them so much she keeps squeezing into them.  I found some great Cowgirl boots in the next size up that she needed!  They were the only pair.  What are the odds.

Anyways they were originally $28.99 but I got them for $4.00!  

Winning!

Are you ready for the total savings?

Everything before savings was $186.25

I paid $54.50

So that makes my total savings at just Gymboree $131.75!

Seriously, I think I'm turning into a extreme couponer.  It's such a high to save that much!

Oh and here's another great thing, I also earned $25.00 Gymboree bucks!  Basically it's $25. dollars that you can use at any Gymboree next time you go.  

So now I HAVE to go again. :o)

After we got home it was time to go pick up Brookie from school.  When I got there her Teacher asked me "So what's this I hear about staying up all night to party?"  

And I just had to laugh.  Brooke and Garenn had been begging all week to stay up late and party all night.  We figured since it was their last night here, we had to let them.  

 Here's the crazy party kids getting settled in to watch Despicable Me.  

Oh and Dear Lord, don't forget the Popcorn.  Our family is crazy about popcorn!


 The next morning we were helping to get the car loaded and we remembered that we wanted to get a picture of Brooke and Garenn in their special shirts.  When Garenn graduated Kindergarten last year they gave him a shirt that said "Class of 2022."  When I signed Brooke up for Kindergarten a month or so ago we got a shirt that says "Watch us grow.  Class of 2024."

We HAD to get a picture of them together in those shirts.  Because truthfully, unfortunately,  before we know it.  Those dates will be here.  

Last year Chelsea, the boys and Gram came to spend Easter with us too.  When they left, the kids and I took Window Markers and decorated their car.

We couldn't let them leave this year without carrying on the tradition.

 Grammy Girl's window.



Tanner wanted to draw himself on his window.




"Texas was fun! California here we come! 2nd annual Easter EGGstraveganza."

The funny thing is the Flex is registered under her Dad so it has Montana plates.  I laughed and told them they look like crazy road-trippers.  


Ava's picture.

Garenn's window.


Chelsea's window.  Looks like her huh?

It was hard to say goodbye.  We were used to living close to them for so long so it's hard not to just be able to visit whenever we want.  

When they pulled away of course I was crying but then I turned around and saw that Brooke was starting to break down too.  She's starting to get upset when people leave because she knows it will be a long time before we get to see them again.  It broke my heart to see her little heart broken.  

When we went back into the house sobbing Ava looked at us and said "What's wrong with you guys?  They'll be back last morning!"  

Poor Ava.  She didn't get it. 

She didn't get it until I started to let the air out of the air mattress.  When she saw what I was doing she started freaking out and said "Well, where's Grammy Girl gonna sleep when she gets back?  She's going to be tired!"

Bless her little heart.

No comments: