Sunday, May 1, 2011

Kindergarten Round Up

Actual Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I always new this day would come, I just didn't know it would be this quick.

Wasn't this just yesterday?

Seriously.

Where did my baby go?  And she's not even my baby, she's my first born.  My baby isn't even a baby anymore.  He's a year and a half.  

How does this happen?!

I need a Starbucks.  

A Venti Carmel Frappuccino.  With extra Carmel.  

I'm not sure it would make me feel better but it's worth a try right? 


When we first got there we met a few of the Kindergarten teachers.  One of them took Brooke to do a little test to see what level she was at.  Which of course she rocked it.  She is my child after all.  

After the test the teacher asked her if she would like a cookie that they had set out for the kids.  When the teacher brought her back to Brian and I, she said that Brooke told her she would have to ask her parent's before she had a cookie because she is allergic to peanuts.  That's my girl!  I was so proud.  The teacher said that she also has an allergy.  She is allergic to Dairy so she told Brooke she wasn't having a cookie either.  I thought that was so sweet of her.  I really hope Brooke gets that teacher.  She was super sweet and she knows how to manage allergies.

After that we turned in our paperwork and talked to the nurse about her allergy.  Next a woman from the PTA took us on a tour of the school.  It was great to see where she will actually be and it really made her  excited about the whole thing.  Up till now she's been really sad about leaving her school that she's at now because she loves her teacher and everyone there so much but I think seeing the new school and meeting the teachers helped. 

You know what I'm excited about?  I don't have to get the kids unbuckled!  I guess they have these little valet cards that you place in your window and when you pull up they bring your kid up to you.  You have no idea how excited I am about that.  Buckling and unbuckling really adds time onto our day.  I am sure for the first couple days, maybe weeks, I will walk her to her class though.  She needs that right?  Probably not as much as I need her.  Really, I'm not ready to cut the cord yet but I guess I am going to have to.  

Oh and as far as lunch time, there will be Peanut Butter.  This is not a peanut free school.  And yes, I am a wreck.  They said that she can either sit at a peanut free table with some friends who have peanut free lunches.  Or if we feel comfortable enough, she can sit at a regular table and they would place kids around her on either side that had a peanut free lunch.  We are still deciding what we feel comfortable with.  We had a meeting with a new allergist and he said he would feel comfortable with her sitting at a regular table as long as they put some kind of buffer in there.  I was glad he said that.  I hate the idea of her sitting at the "peanut free" table all by herself but if the Doctor had said that it was a must than we would have done it without question.

So that's where we are.  I have a almost Kindergartner.  Trippy!

Oh yeah and we got this shirt.  You kinda can't read it in this picture but it says "Class of 2024 Watch us grow!"  

Seriously now?  Why would they do that to me?  I was having a hard enough time signing her up for Kindergarten, now you wanna remind me that she'll be growing up and moving out of the house in one day.  I don't need that!

By the way that's my nephew up there with Brooke.  He's wearing his shirt that he got when he graduated Kindergarten last year.  He's class of 2022... 

Reality sucks.  Can't they stay our babies forever?

No comments: