Friday, April 29, 2011

Hugs By Mail

Actual Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Papa's brother Marvin is very sick.  He fighting Cancer again for what seems like the 100th time.  He is one of the sweetest men on the planet and I just hate that he's had such a hard life.  He never married and he has no children so I thought it would be special for us to make him a care package and send it to him in the hospital. 

Marvin started chemo and Radiation a few months ago but he got a very serious infection and has now been hospitalized on strong antibiotics for about a month now.  My hope is that this package will bring him a smile at least.  I can only imagine how difficult all this is for him.

Here's what we made:

Hug Cards.  

I got this idea from one of my Parent magazines.  

First you pick out some special wrapping paper,

then have a wiper snapper lay down on it with their arms outstretched.


Trace around their upper body and make sure you help them up so they don't rip the paper.

Cut it out and there you have it.

A portable hug.


I folded mine up so that it would fit into the package we were mailing.



Brooke had made this at school and brought it home that same day.  I asked her if she minded if we sent it to Papa Marvin so he could hang it up in his Hospital room.  


And this is what she said,  "I pray for Papa Marvin every night.  I even seen him in my dreams."

Melt a Mama's heart why don't you.  

And if any of you reading out there would send up a prayer for my sweet Uncle Marvin I would greatly appreciate it.  And I know he would too.  

No comments: