Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Babysitting Booni

Actual Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So this week the public school districts here were out for Spring Break. Brooke's school was open though because it's a private school/ daycare.  They had a lot of fun though, they didn't have to wear their uniforms, they got to bounce in the bounce house everyday, and they got to watch movies at nap time instead of sleeping.  Brooke was very excited about all of this.

On our way home on Monday after school I asked Brooke what she thought about leaving her Bunny behind since she wasn't really using him because they weren't taking naps anyways.  She thought about it for a minute and she said "Sure!  I can do that."

The next day we discussed it in the morning before heading out because I didn't want her to freak out when we got to school.  I could tell her confidence was starting to waver because she asked me what I planned on doing that day.  I told her I had some errands to run and that I would be out and about most of the day.  At that point she told me I was to take Booni with me but I was not to take him out of the car, because I might accidentally leave him behind somewhere.  

After I dropped Brooke off at school I buckled Booni into her seat for safe keeping.




I wish I would have had a camera to capture Brooke's face when she opened the door, climbed in the car and saw Booni in her seat.

Priceless.

No comments: