Monday, April 18, 2011

Cutest Thing Ever

Actual Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011

The cutest thing ever happened today.  

I am pretty big on only letting the kids watch only a limited amount of TV each day.  I love to just watch them play and let their imaginations run wild.  I don't know about you but all of my favorite memories from childhood were made somewhere else besides in front of the TV.

We bought this book for Brooke right before Ava was born.  It's about a big sister who is excited for all the things she is going to get to do with her new baby sister.  It's a crowd favorite in our house.  Brooke loves it even more because it was written by a fellow 'Brooke', Brooke Shields. 

On this morning I was doing the dishes when Brooke came in and took all the quilts from the quilt rack in the living room.  Then she came in and grabbed the bar stools and dragged them back to their bedroom.

Then it got really quiet.

Quiet in my house usually means one thing... Trouble. So I went to inspect and when I did I found the girls had made a fort in their bedroom.


Sorta like this.  When I asked what they were doing Brooke said that they were going to act out all the scenes in the book. 

I told them that sounded like fun and left them to it.

A little while later they came in the kitchen with the book open to this page.  Brooke said "It's tea party time!  I need to teach Ava how to be a girl."

They gathered up their tea pot and some special cups while I made the tea.





After they cleaned up the tea party they went back to their bedroom and put hair bows in each others hair.

Next Brooke told me it was time for Ava to learn her ABC's.

Brooke ran and got the paper on her own and wrote the letters of the alphabet on them.  Then she went and got the bar stools and set them up.  One facing backwards and one forwards, just like in the book.


Ava went and got her huge crocodile and an apple from the fruit basket in the kitchen.

I love when they play so good together like this.  Let me tell you it doesn't always happen.  And I was so proud of them for being so creative.

This is about where the adventure ended.  

Ava held up the apple and said "Can I eat this now?"  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what is wrong with me right now but this post just brought me tears of joy! That is so precious! I wish Alexis had a sister. Hopefully one day!

aubri said...

Best post ever! What sweet girls you have, Kyla!