Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easter EggStravaganza 2011

Actual Date: Sunday, April 24, 2011

So on Easter Eve Brooke and I were talking about where the Bunny would hide the eggs.  Then she reminded me about something I had totally forgotten about.  She said "Remember last year when the Bunny hopped so high and hid my basket on top of the cupboards?"  

I had forgotten all about that.  She asked if he was going to hide her basket up high again this year and I told her we would just have to wait and see...

Well guess what, that "Wascally Wabbit" did it again.


How are we going to get that down?

With Daddy's help she was able to finally retrieve her basket and check out her goods.


Sissies helping Parker open his basket.

How did the Easter Bunny know that Garenn and Tanner were staying at our house?  He's so smart!

Ava finding her basket.





Grammy got one too!

After opening baskets it was time for everyone to get dressed for Church.  And of course you have to TRY to get a good picture of them in their nice clothes before they are ruined...

This is our attempt at getting a good picture of the 5 of them.

I will let you decide which one is best.





Lets take a break here and admire Brooke's shoes.  

The night before I was getting every one's clothes out for the next day and we remembered that I had never gotten around to buying her white shoes to match her dress!  This was at 8:15 pm.  

So Brooke and I hopped in the car real quick and ran to the shoe store.  On our way there it was storming like crazy.  I had never seen so much lightning in my life.  Brooke said "What if the storm stops the Bunny from coming?  Does he have an umbrella?  Is it big enough?"

When we got to the store the lady behind the counter asked if she could help us find something.  I told her we just needed some white little church shoes.  She smiled and lead us to the aisle with Brooke's size.  

We were in the store for no more than 10 minutes but I swear during that time about 5 other Moms came in requesting "White church shoes."

At least I wasn't the only one!







Yep that's how easy it is to get a good picture of 5 little ones.  Each one is a framer to me!

My two handsome boys.

After Church Brian and Gram took the kids home to play so Chelsea and I could volunteer in the Nursery for the second service.

When Chels and I got home the kids had already checked the fridge to see if the Bunny had hidden the eggs.  Lucky I had remembered and stuck them in the laundry room because I thought those stinkers would think to check.  So while we distracted them Mr. E. Bunny aka Brian hid the eggs.

Then I went out to "check the mail" and found all kinds of eggs all over the yard!  

Imagine that!

Showing Spottie her haul. 

Tanner and Ava with their finds.

All that egg hunting made us hungry so Garenn made us some egg salad for lunch.

After lunch we decided to plant the seeds that Brooke had gotten from the Easter Bunny.  

 Ava pulling some weeds.

 Brooke was beyond excited.  Ever since the Earth Day celebrations at her school she had been begging to plant more flowers.  





 All the weeds are pulled.

The seeds are planted, and watered thanks to Tanner and Ava.

Can't wait for the seeds to start sprouting!

No comments: