Friday, July 2, 2010

Day Sixty-Four

Happy Birthday Brooke!
This day was double exciting because not only was it Brooke's Birthday but we were also heading north to Reno to see my in laws!

That drive up the 395 is so pretty, everything out the window and...in the rear view. I just had to take a picture of this. When we got to Bishop we were going to stop and have pizza in the park so the kids could get out and run around for awhile. We usually make that a stop since it's pretty much the half way point and it works out good for us. But I had forgot that they have Mule days on Memorial Day weekend. The whole town was packed. They were having a street fair at the park and there were Mules everywhere.Here's Brooke with her Birthday lunch: Hawaiian pizza and a Strawberries and Cream. That's what she asked for. Leave it to me to raise a kid addicted to Pizza Factory and Starbucks... (she also shares my love for Costco)
Once we got to Reno we were so excited to not only see Grandma Marcia, Grandpa Jim, Uncle Chris and Auntie Jen, but all of our Reno friends were there as well! We met them last year at the 4th of July party. Brooke was so excited that everyone was there to celebrate with her.
Here's the cutest little family ever! Sasha, Kevin, and Barek
Here's two more little cuties. Brody and Jen. Brooke had requested a Strawberry cake with Strawberry Vanilla frosting and sprinkles. So when we got there I made it while everyone was eating dinner. When it came time to put candles in it and sing, I realized I had forgotten candles... So we improvised. At least it's a Gold Canyon candle right? And Brooke said "mmm Pearberry. My favorite!" Her card from Uncle Chris and Auntie Jen.
After the disappointment of not getting to see Cinderella at Disneyland, this made up for it all. She was so excited to get a Cinderella doll and Cinderella's castle!

I am excited that I no longer have three kids under three but at the same time I am saddened that I have a four year old. Only because four years went all too fast. Everyone tells you it will, but you can never know just how fast until you experience it for yourself. The past four years of being a Mom to this girl have been absolutely a blessing. She is one of the most well rounded, loving, smart, goofy, sensitive, thoughtful, four year olds I have ever met and I am proud to call her my daughter.

Brooke's Favorites:

-Cinderella of course.

-Bunnie the Boonster (Her bunny that she has slept with every night since she was a tiny baby. I once almost lost him in the parking lot at a hotel in Reno but luckily after a long night, he showed up the next morning in the lost and found at the security desk. Talk about feeling like a horrible Mother.)

-Favorite food: "Strawberries, Oranges, Apples, Cereal and Fruit Salad"

-Favorite movie- "Lightning McQueen" (Cars)

-Favorite book- "Elmo"

-Favorite color- "Purple and Pink"

-Best Friend- "Kelly"

-When I grow up I want to be- "A Ballerina"

-Favorite place to visit- "The Park"

-Something I am thankful for is- "my toys"

-If I could go anywhere I would go- "to the mall" and I would buy "fruit and food"

-Favorite Holiday- "Christmas"

-Favorite Song- "The House That Built Me"

-Favorite thing to do with Mommy- "Clean"

-Favorite thing to do with Daddy- "Go to Costco"

-Favorite thing to do with Ava- "Play, play and Play. Mostly we play kitchen and Mommies and Daddies."

-Favorite thing to do with Parker- "Give him toys."

No comments: