Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day Sixty- Five

Actual Date: Saturday, May 29, 2010

Today we headed down to Carson City to visit with my family and play on my Dad's train. For those of you who don't know, my Dad is a Volunteer for the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City, Nevada. Now when I say train, I don't mean any train. These trains are pretty stinkn' cool as far as trains are concerned. They are 100 year old steam trains that have been totally refurbished. Check out their website and if you up that way stop in and take a ride. It's pretty fun, especially at Christmas because Santa comes to visit and pass out Candy Canes during your ride.
Here's Brooke and Auntie Jen waiting anxiously.Parker and Grandma Marcia.
Mommy and Ava. (Papa Ron in the background)
Ava has been talking about "Papa's Chu Chu Wane" since we rode it last year. Every train that goes by no matter where we are she yells "Hi Papa's Chu Chu Wane!" And when ever some poor unsuspecting boy at the playground is wearing something with Thomas the Train on it she corners him and tells him "My Papa has Chu Chu Wane" over and over. So needless to say she was the most excited about riding the train.
This face says it all.



She couldn't contain her excitement. The whole time she was either giggling or saying "dis is goina be so fun!" This one I had to add in here because it made me and my Mom laugh. It looks like she's looking at my Mom's butt and making that face. Haha

This is a picture from when they are doing a "blown down." This is really cool to watch especially in the Winter when it is cold because it steams up really big when the hot water hits the cold air.

The girls are waiting for the train to come by. On each ride they take you down "in the hole" and switch the engine from the first car to the last car, that way the wheels get worn down evenly since they are constantly going around in the same direction on the track. Hi Mr. Bill! So if you're ever near Carson City, NV stop by the Museum and ask for Ron, that's my Dad (standing on the edge of the train above). He'd love to take ya for a ride.

No comments: