Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day Seventy-Five

Actual Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010
As promised, we headed to my Grandpa's house first thing in the morning to see how he was doing. I had to bring the kids along because there was no one at home to baby sit but I was a little concerned about them seeing Papa if he was the same as he was the night before. So I brought along toys for them to play with outside while we went and visited him. When we got there the people that work there were so excited they scooped Parker up from my arms and ran inside and said "come see!"What a huge improvement from the night before. He wasn't talking very much but he defiantly had more strength. He was able to sit up on his own and he even drank from a glass when I held it up to his lips. Here he is being his old goofball self. Sometimes it was like he would get lost and stare off into space. The only way to get him back was to get right in his face and talk to him. So that's what Chelsea was doing here. She was asking him if he remembered when we were little and he used to tell us that his car had wings and could fly. He gave her a big smile and nodded his head. Then he leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. It was so sweet. Then I said "Wait let me take a picture of that! Do it again." Then that's when he made this face and you could almost hear him say "I'm not kissing that." He was such a jokester.Here's Parker with Ray. Ray was my Grandpa's "buddy" at his home. He took such good care of him and we will be forever grateful for his love and dedication. Ray and his wife love to hold my kids and give them candy every time we visit because they have grandchildren almost the same exact ages, but they are back in the Philippines and they have not had the chance to meet them yet.I love the quiet moment in this picture. Brings tears to my eyes too look at the contentment on his face. He was happiest when he had his family around. As I look back on these pictures I believe that God gave us this last day. This is the last day that he was able to be strong enough to get out of bed. This is the last day that he was able to be present in a conversation. I am so grateful that we got this one last day with him and to know that he got that one last day gaze upon his "babies."

No comments: