Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day Eighty

Actual Date: Sunday, June 13, 2010
More family fun! We headed out to my Aunt Pat's house where she had some yummy spaghetti ready for us. Always good fun and good food in this house.


Pat and I Auntie Heather and Brooke
Messy face Ava (she liked the spaghetti too) and Great Grandma Helen.

Grandma Helen asked if she could borrow Ava's shoes because they were so cute. She was thinking about it.
Here's my Grandma Helen's hands. I love them.
I just had to share a story from my childhood when my Dad and my Uncle Chuck traumatized me. Haha Not really but I was pretty darn scared for a minute.
As you can see, Grams is missing her pinkie finger on her left hand. It had to be removed a long time ago because it had cancer in it. When I was little it was always fascinating to me that she was able to function without it. One day my Dad and Uncle came to me with this match box. They told me that they had contacted the hospital that had done my Grams surgery and that they had sent us the finger. When they opened that match box, there really was a finger laying on top of tissue!

I freaked out! And they laughed and laughed and chased me around the house with it. I grabbed the phone and called my Grandma and yelled "come get your finger!" Of course she didn't know what the heck I was talking about, so I told her that my Dad and Uncle had her finger in a box and they were chasing me with it. She laughed and said "They're tricking you."

Finally they fessed up and showed me that they had cut a hole in the bottom of the match box and laid some tissue over it. They were sticking their own fingers through the hole and pretending it was my Grandma's.

After hearing that story, is it any wonder that I turned out the way I did?

Here's Ava on Pat's bridge. "Look Mommy. No hands!"

No comments: