Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Eighty-Four

Actual Date: Thursday, June 17, 2010



Daddy and his girls

But first things first, Brooke needed a hair cut. She had so much fine baby hair on the ends still and it was always getting so tangled. So we decided it was time to chop it off and give her a big girl hair cut. And who better to trust to give her her first "real" hair cut than Auntie Chelsea.

Here's the before...

And here's the after!
Doesn't she look so much more grown up? We love it. It's so much easier to work with now and it even looks and feels thicker.After that it was time to get down to business. Nate set up the White Trash Slip-N-Slide and the kids went crazy. (p.s. So glad that you made it Jaime Face! The kids all had a blast together and it was good to see your Jaime Face one last time.)For those of you who don't know, the White Trash Slip-N-Slide is my family's version of a Slip-N-Slide. Through the years we have desecrated many brand name Slip-N-Slides. They just can't hold up to all the kids, and ok maybe the occasional parent, in our family. So for years now we have been using good old construction tarp and dish soap so that it's extra slippery. Look at cute little Johnny. This is his first exposure to the Slip-N-Slide experience. He doesn't quite know what to think. We'll win him over!You laugh but it has provided years and years of entertainment at countless parties and family events through the years. In fact, I'm not even sure if my kids have ever seen an actual Slip-N-Slide.

Oh my goodness I was so very excited because my cousin Ryley, who I haven't seen in forever, came with his Mom Sonja and his Nephew Johnny. It was so good to see them and meet little Johnny.
After some good clean Slip-N-Slide fun, it was time for a mud bath.

And Teree came too! Teree was my preschool teacher. Then when I grew up she was my Child Development teacher in High School. Her and my Mom have stayed friends through the years. I'm pretty sure I get my passion for Early Childhood Education from her. In fact after school I even taught at the same preschool that I attended, where Teree was my teacher. And I was her son Gregory's preschool teacher. How cool is that? Aww Brother/Sister love.After everyone left, Brooke and Garenn asked if they could have a camp out because it was our last night there. I figured sure why not. The more she stays up tonight, the more tired she'll be on the 21 hour car ride home right? So Chels and I set up a blanket tent for them in the living room, popped some pop corn turned on a movie.
What a great way to end an amazing trip. It's hard to believe how fast that trip went by. We waited for it for months and it felt like it was never going to happen. Now it's been months since we were there. Thank you everyone for the great memories. Can't wait to do it again next year.

No comments: