Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wisdom Teeth Are No Joke

Actual Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011

For the last two weeks my wisdom teeth have been hurting like crazy.  I hadn't ever had them removed because they never bothered me.  Except for last Summer when one side got infected, but after the antibiotics cleared it up I tried to push the whole wisdom teeth removal idea out of my mind.  I'd seen the videos of people coming out of surgery and I was terrified of that being me.

Unfortunately, about two weeks ago, when the pain all started, I looked in my mouth to see what I could see.  And what I saw was my bottom right wisdom tooth poking through!  I told Brian and being the funny guy he is he said "Oh, that's why you've been so crabby lately.  You're teething!"  Hardy-har-har.

Brian had been super busy at work and I was busy with other things so this was the first day in two weeks that I could get into see the doctor.  

Speaking of the Dr. can I please say how frustrating it was to find him?!  I called the one that my Dentist had written a referral for and they said they didn't take my insurance.  So I called the Dentist back to see if he had any other Doctors that he recommended.  They gave me another name and when I called that Oral Surgeon didn't take my insurance either.  What the heck?  It's not like I have some lame insurance either.  It's a pretty good plan through BlueCross BlueShield.  Anyways, after waiting about 45 minutes on hold with my insurance (no I'm not exaggerating) I finally got a list of Dr.'s within my area.  But just about that time Brian called and gave me the name of a Surgeon that someone from his work recommended.  I had asked him to ask around at work since we all had the same insurance.  That way I would KNOW that they took our insurance.

So after all that ranting and raving, obviously the recommended Doctor took my insurance so I made an appointment to meet with him on this Thursday.  After looking at the x rays above the Doc said that the reason why I was in so much pain was because my wisdom teeth were in fact growing in.  Or trying to anyways.

I thought because the one tooth was already popping through removing them would be a piece of cake. 

Right?  

Right Doc?!

Welp,  you would think so but no...  Apparently my teeth were growing in perfectly level, which would be a good thing if the other half of the tooth wasn't chiseling away at my jaw bone.  The Doctor said that there just wasn't enough room in my mouth for those teeth to fit.  And the reason it was hurting so bad because the part that was still under the gum was trying to grow up the jaw bone.  

Fun huh?

Like it or not those babies had to come out.  Surgery was set and scheduled for the following Friday.  


This is one of our families all time favorite AFV videos.  We are AFV fanatics in this house.  Don't tell anyone but most Sunday nights we sit on the couch and eat pizza for dinner and watch AFV...

Here's another funny one that my friend told me about.

No comments: