Friday, February 18, 2011

Party Time!

Ok so, for the past couple days I have been trying to upload pictures from last year on our old desktop computer and it's just not working out. Every time I move the mouse, the whole thing freezes up and the screen goes black for about 5 seconds. It's quite frustrating. So, I decided to just go ahead and start with pictures I have on my new laptop. That means starting in January of 2011. Which is fine by me because I'd rather be talking about what is going on now rather than what happened months ago.

I think if and when we do get our other computer fixed I might try to do a quick end of the year (2010) wrap up. Oh and can I please say again how much I love my new laptop and my Husband for buying it for me. I come to you at this moment from my back porch, soaking up the 80* weather while the kids play. This is the life.

Actual Date: Saturday, January 8, 2011

Brooke had a Birthday party to attend this night for a boy in her class. The party was at Dave and Busters so I knew it was going to be a blast for her. Brian and I decided that we should keep the little ones home. I'm not sure what the rule is on Children's Birthday Party etiquette but I feel too awkward bringing along my whole gang when just one of my kids was invited. Especially if it's at a special location. I told Brian he should go ahead and take Brooke since they hardly get any one on one time. Plus, I knew he would have more fun at Dave and Busters than me.

Here they are all dressed up and ready to go.

While Daddy and Brooke were gone the rest of us were left to fend for ourselves. I really didn't feel like cooking so I searched the pantry for something simple. There I found 1 lone can of Chef Boyardee. Yuck. It makes me gag just thinking of it. That stuff smells worse than dog food. How do they eat that junk?

As you can see Parker sure enjoyed it. Although by the looks of the picture, I'm not sure how much actually made it in his mouth.... Either way, there's your future President everyone...

I read this in a magazine and I really liked the idea. They suggested that you make a scrapbook out of the pictures you post to Facebook and the comments people leave about them. So I thought I'd do that from time to time since I plan on printing this thing out into a scrapbook at some point.

Here are the comments that the "Future President" received on the above picture:
January 9 · ·
    • Magan Burks LOL...my kids had shirt that says that, and in a picture like this!!!!! LOL...tooo funny!!!!
      January 9 at 8:19am ·
    • Kenny Dunlop I see he takes after his mother!!!!
      January 9 at 10:40am ·
    • Kyla Billingsley Really Megs? Too funny!

      Kenny- I think more like his Uncle!
      January 9 at 12:12pm ·
    • Audrey E. Martinez I love your candid photo albums. I can feel the warmth of your family in your albums. You are an EXCELLENT photographer!
      January 9 at 1:02pm ·
    • Carol Fagan Mosandl
      That's priceless!

      Raised in TX, has a bewildered yet satiated expression while gazing into the lens..

      Yes. He will definitely be President!
      ...See More
      January 9 at 1:48pm ·
    • Kristine Pratt Way cute! Brandon would love that bib!
      February 3 at 1:43pm ·

As you can guess, it took a good long while to get Parker cleaned up after that. I was about to resort to using the BBQ scrubber but luckily it started to fade after about the 100th scrub with the wash cloth. After we were all cleaned up, Daddy and Brooke arrived home, goodies in hand.

Apparently there was a Clown there taking request for ballon creations. Brian said that when it was Brooke's turn, the Clown asked her what she would like and she said "A boat." Brian said the Clown gave her a look like she was crazy, he must have been expecting her to say a heart or something girly like the other girls had requested. The Clown looked at her and said "I don't know how to make a boat... I can make a monkey climbing a Palm Tree..." So he made her that and a Princess wand, and she was good with that.

After Brooke got done telling me EVERY little detail of the party we tucked all the kiddos in bed because tomorrow we were going to do it all again. After church we were heading to little Mariska's first Birthday.

Oh and I had another question for all my Mommy friends out there. When I called to RSVP for the party the boy's Mom said "No presents." Have any of you ever ran into this? It felt so weird not buying a present. I just bought a card, a nicer one than the .99 one I would have bought if we had purchased a present, and had Brooke write "Happy Birthday" at least.

What would you do or what have you done in this situation?

No comments: