Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Two Hundred

Actual Date: Monday, October 11, 2010

Just another manic Monday morning...

Mornings are always hard for me anyways. But there's something about Monday mornings that are extra hard.

Did I mention I'm not a morning person?

Here's the culprit. How could you be mad at that face? She was trying to pour her milk in her bowl herself while I was getting Parker out of bed. It was an accident.

It's times like this that can determine how your whole day is going to go. I could feel myself getting upset because we were already running late and now I had to clean up the whole kitchen. But then I just took a deep breath and decided it wasn't that big of a deal. If I was going to get worked up and make a big fuss this early in the morning, the whole day would start off on the wrong foot. So I joyfully took kitchen towels out of the drawer, handed one to Ava and we went to work. Before you knew it we were done cleaning it all up.

And you know what else happened, Ava apologized on her own. As she was wiping up the last of the milk she stopped and looked at me and said "I'm sorry Mommy. I was just trying to help."

I was so glad that I didn't allow myself to get upset because in that moment I knew that she really was being sincere. We would have both missed out on that moment if I would have blew my top and banished her to time out to "Think about it!"

Oh and here's a shot of her "Lady Hair." Every morning this chica wakes up with a rats nest on the back of her head. My nephew Tanner calls this kind of look "Lady Hair." His Grandpa had a Golden Retriever who's hair was matted all the time. And you guessed it, her name was Lady.

Lady Hair... Get it.

No comments: