Friday, February 18, 2011

The Cat In The Hat Knows A Lot About That

Actual Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011

When we woke up this morning the kids were excited for three things:
1) We were heading to church and they LOVE going to church.
2) After church we had plans to head to sweet little Mariska's birthday party. (I was excited too because I bought her the cutest little present. When I first saw it at the store I wanted to buy it so bad. But the only child in my house that it was age appropriate for was Parker, and it clearly is not a boy toy. So needless to say, when we were invited to a 1 year old girls birthday party, I HAD to buy it. I'd been praying for someone to have a baby girl just so I could buy this darn thing. Here is the link so you know what I'm talking about.)
And lastly 3) It was dark and dreary outside and "they" were predicting snow!

It started snowing when we were in church. After we got out we headed home to grab some lunch and head to the Birthday Bash. I was glad Brian was home to drive because I'm such a baby about driving in the snow. I can't help it, I'm a California girl born and raised.


The theme of the party was Dr. Seuss. It was actually a double Birthday Party. The two birthday girls were born just a day apart in the same hospital. They were in a race to be the first baby born in that hospital for 2010. Mariska won but Lexi followed soon after. The mom's knew each other from High School but became good friends after their daughters births. They even opened a boutique together. I told you about them in this post awhile back.


Here's Brooke trying out the green eggs. We had her be the taste tester. She took a bite and said "Mmm. It's sweet." That's when I had a panic attack.

I just figured it was the egg yokes dyed green but when she said "It's sweet" I thought oh no, what if it's frosting. Not just frosting but frosting that's not peanut free?! So I asked her if I could please try it and when I did I could tell it was for sure egg yolk. Phew, that was a close one.
It was just another reminder that we can never let our guard down when it comes to her allergy. It could have just as easily been frosting.


Here's the birthday girl Mariska with her Grandma and Grandpa, Rena and Mike. They were our neighbors the first time we lived in Texas. We've missed them but we've stayed close through the years. And I'm so glad we did because here we are back in Texas, not very far from them. It's been nice to catch up with them and their growing family. Their whole family is great. Sweetest family you'd ever wanna meet.

They even let us spend the night with them one night after Brooke had been hospitalized at 3 weeks old and we had no place to go because the movers had already moved all of our stuff back to California. Now that's truly loving thy neighbor.


The cute cake and marshmallow pops. Mariska's mom, Adrienne, made them. She's so talented. I remember back when I first met her she brought over some kinda yummy goodness that had crushed up Heath bars in it. Remember that Adrienne? That's when I knew that Mikey should marry you. You were a keeper from that moment on in my eyes! I think you should make some more of that stuff and send it my way... I'm just saying...


Ava trying out the marshmallow pops.

Ok totally off topic but did y'all know it's "marshmallow" not "marshmellow?" Or am I the only one that's been spelling it/saying it wrong for all these years? Had my spell check not corrected me, I would have never known. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I feel like I've been lied to my whole life... Things just wont be the same.

Anyways...


This is Mariska's brother and cousin, Landon and Taytum. Aren't they too stinkn' cute? Taytum was just a little bitty baby when we were all neighbors. I remember seeing her when I was pregnant with Brooke and thinking "I can't wait!"

There's the two Birthday girls getting ready to dig into their cakes. They had shirts that said "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" from their Momma's boutique of course. It was precious.

'That was yummy!'

Thanks for inviting us guys. We all had a blast and it was good to see everyone. We are so happy that we're back in Texas and we get to be a part of each other's lives again!

I took this last picture on the way out of town. The town we lived in the first time we relocated to Texas was one of those cute little Texas towns that you see in the movies. This building is the court house right downtown that Brian and I went to to get our passports made for our Honeymoon. Isn't that sweet? It's so weird driving back though that town. When we moved I wasn't sure we'd ever be back. What were the odds that we'd be transferred back to Texas just 40 minutes away?

Oh and you can see from the picture that the sleet/snow turned into rain. The roads had cleared up and the drive home was much easier than the one on the way out there.

No comments: