Friday, February 4, 2011

Day One Hundred and Ninety-Eight

Actual Date: Saturday, October 9, 2010

Today is the anniversary of when my Mom saved me from the pool when I was a little baby. She doesn't like to admit it but she's my hero! Thanks Mom!
That is the article that Reader's Digest did on the story. We were on numerous news shows talking (Well I was just sitting there looking pretty, I was only 18 months old. My Mom did the talking) about what happened. We also did some Television shows such as Good Morning America and Hometown Hero.

Frank Sinatra even wrote my Mom a letter saying that her courage was remarkable. Now that's a big deal!


On this day I had made plans to go with our neighbor Jessica to go get pedicures done. I wanted to treat her as a thank you for stepping up and taking care of my kids when I had to be in the hospital. We had fun. I thought back and remembered that I hadn't actually gone for a pedicure for over a year! The last time I got one was right before Parker was born. It was a nice little treat.

After we were done I went home and Brian, the kids and I headed out to the Pumpkin Patch to get some pumpkins.

Here's the girls heading into the hay maze, never to be seen again. Bye girls!

Ava was on a mission to find her way out of there. At one point I think she really did get nervous but she tried not to show it.

"Ava, here's the exit!"

Daddy and Parker driving the hay tractor.

There's that darn cheese face again!

Next we headed over to the face painting booth. Brooke chose to get a pumpkin.

While I was taking Brooke's picture this little ham was over there saying "cheeeeeeese" the whole time.

Ava getting her face painted.

She chose a candy corn.

After that the girls spent some time in the bounce house. They love those things.

Parker was on the outside screaming "Ava! Ava!" and shaking his finger at her. He cracks us up. He tries to be such an authority figure and she just ignores him. At home when she sits in time out he crawls over in front of her and babbles at her like he's telling her to be nice. It's hilarious.

Family photo. A nice women offered to take our picture for us so I could be in it. I forgot to take my sun glasses off though! I always do. But we all needed them right then, the sun was shinning right in our eyes.

After this everyone picked out which pumpkin they wanted and we headed home.

When we got home Brian said "How about we roast some hot dogs over the chiminea in the back yard?"

There's our gourmet spread on our beautifully decorated table. The kids table got splattered in stain when Brian was staining the fence awhile back. It was windy and it blew the stain everywhere. So now we have lovely one of a kind tables and chairs.


Awww. Sisterly love.

No comments: