Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day One Hundred and Ninety-Six

Actual Date: Thursday, October 7, 2010
Now it's time for the other Sissy to give feeding Bubba a shot.

Oh great, here comes the "Cheese" face again. Stay focused Parker!

Ava had to throw in a "Cheese" of her own.

Early this afternoon I had my appointment with the Neurologist to go over all the tests he had me do and talk about how I was feeling now. He said all the test show that I did not suffer a stroke which I was very relieved to hear. But he did tell me that in going over my charts he noticed that my blood sugar was really low when they admitted me to the hospital. He said it was at 54 and that you are in danger of going into a coma when you get down into the 40's.

That was pretty shocking. I knew that I was feeling like my blood sugar was low when everything first started. It was weird to me though because we had just ate dinner about an hour before I started not feeling good. The doctor wrote me prescription for a blood sugar meter thingy and told me to monitor my sugar for the next week or so and see if my symptoms were being triggered by what my blood sugar was doing.

Also, and men you might wanna just skip over this part, I had noticed that I usually get a migraine once a month when "Aunt Flo" visits...If you know what I mean. He said that is very common for women so I might want to talk to my doctor about controlling that.

After the appointment I went and picked up my new blood test monitor and headed home to figure it out.

Later that night I headed out to my Women's Bible Study. I forgot to mention that it started the Thursday before this one. It's a study by Vicki Courtney called "The Virtuous Woman, Shattering the Superwoman Myth." It was really good. I'm not going to get too deep into it right now because I'm going to talk about it on another day down the road.

Brian and I are also doing a Community Group together on Sunday nights and in that group we are going through the Bill Hybel's study "The Power of a Whisper." That's another good one to add to your list.

No comments: