Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day Two Hundred and Twelve

Actual Date: Saturday, October 22, 2010

Our old computer is still acting up but thankfully our pictures are safe on our back up drive.  I just disconnected it and plugged it in so I can finish up 2010.  I might jump back and forth for awhile until I get caught up so just pretend that you're watching an episode of Lost and try not to get too confused.  I always post the "Actual Date" at the top of every post so hopefully that helps.

The day had finally come for the big Hardie Party.  The kids were so excited.  Brooke and Brian left early to go help get things set up.

I snapped some quick pictures of her before she headed out the door. 

When we got there the first thing we saw was Hardie the Clown.  We thought Parker might like him, but as you can see we were wrong.  I like to call this picture "Good Grief."  You can't really see too good but Parker was dressed as Charlie Brown.  So the caption fits. 

Jason getting ready to be dunked.

There he goes.

Ava and I went on a walk around the park and we found this fun maze.

There goes little Raymond.  That little boy is so precious.

Next it was Darren's turn in the dunk tank.  I laughed when I saw this picture because I didn't remember reading Adam's shirt before.  It says "When Hell freezes over... we'll have siding for that too!"  haha.  In case you didn't know the company that my Husband works for makes cement siding, as well as some other things.

There were so many yummy treats: 

Snow cones,

Cotton Candy and my very favorite,  Goop Cake.  Mr. Duane aka Hardie the Clown makes a mean Goop Cake.  Some people call it Ooey Gooey Butter Cake.  I don't care what you call it.  All I care about is getting more Goop Cake...

...I think I have a problem

Send help!

Thanks Mr. Duane, errr I mean Mr. Hardie.  I fit into nothing but my yoga pants for about 3 weeks after that last fateful pan that I was forced to polish off.

I didn't want to but somebody had to do it.

After awhile, they lined all the little ones up for the costume contest.



This little octopus girl stole my heart.  How cute is she?  Don't you love her?  She won for her age group and my little Ava won for her age group.  She was so proud. 

The Judges trying to decide.  Gail's face cracks me up.

After the costume contest it was time for the Doughnut Dangle.  I have to say that was pretty hilarious.


While all the kids were distracted Duane was safe to take off his make up. 

And Parker could finally relax now that the clown was gone.

After the doughnuts were no longer dangling, it was time for some more dunk tank time.


Last but not least, it was Adam's turn.

This little boy was so sweet.  He couldn't get the ball to hit the target so his Dad told him to just run up and hit it.

He was so proud to finally dunk him.

Brookie girl was up next.  She never hit the target but she was fine with that.

Soon after the wind picked up and storm clouds were moving in fast.  It was kinda creepy.  I'd never seen anything like it.  The wind was blowing so hard that it was ripping the leaves off the trees and the one's that were already on the ground were blowing around like crazy.  Brian told me to grab the kids and head home.  I'm glad I did because not more than 5 minutes later, the rain started dumping down and lightening started.

The kids all feel asleep on the way home.  I don't know if they were worn out from the party or if it was the sound of the down pouring rain on the car, but I sure as heck wasn't going to wake them up to find out.

No comments: