Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day One Hundred and Nine

Actual Date: Monday, July 12, 2010

Bright and early Monday morning we got up and headed to Legoland! I could not wait to see the excitement on all the kids faces. Waiting in line for tickets.All the kids minus Ava.Look how cool that is. It's all Legos! Isn't that nuts.There's no way we could pass up an opportunity like this. We told Brooke to act scared and we told Garenn to act like he was trying to pull her out.
They didn't quite get the hang of it...So Abe and Chelsea had to show them how it's really done.Ava playing in the Lego house. Chelsea playing in the Lego house.Jacob riding the train. He was so excited. Look at that sweet little smile.My Great Uncle Don (Grandma Leona's brother) and Great Aunt Ann. They are so great. Thanks for dragging us along guys! We had a blast.Jacob and my Great Aunt Ginny (Grandma Leona's sister).

Here's the Lego version of Mount Rushmore. Isn't it so amazing. There's even a scaffolding hanging out with little men on it to make it look like they were working on it. There was such attention to detail everywhere you looked.

So here's a funny story. Some of us had gone off in different directions but we had a location that we were going to meet back up at later. While we were standing at the Lego Mount Rushmore we happened to look across the little lake there and who do we see? The other half of our group.There's my Aunt Anne in the pink shirt on the left. Then scan over a little to the right and you can see my Uncle DJ in the white shirt between the two buildings. It's like a "Where's Waldo?" picture.

Our whole group stood there screaming "Duane!" and "Anne" and waving across the lake. Of course they didn't hear us, but the people on the little boat tour around the lake did and they waved back. Probably thinking we were some crazy tourist. And they'd be right. At one point Abe yelled "Look at us. Over here! We're across the water in Jersey!" We all busted out laughing.

Finally we were able to get ahold of them on the phone and we told them to look across the lake. Then they saw us! We all laughed. It was the highlight of our day. Someone said "we could have just stayed home and yelled at Duane and Anne if we knew it was going to be this much fun!"
Abe and Jacob

Abe was our "big kid in the orange shirt." While we were walking Garenn didn't see Abe near by and he said "Hey! Where's our big kid in the orange shirt?" Haha Good old Abe.

It's so sweet to see Jacob with his Uncle Abe. He just adores him.

Everyone LOVED this slide. I'm pretty sure they went down it about 5 million times and every time was as fun as the first. It was so fun to watch their faces.
I just had to share this one. It's a replica of the Iwo Jima. But what really touched my heart was the two in the right hand corner. The picture is not the best, but it is a little old grey haired lady pushing a man in a wheel chair. And that man is wearing a green Veteran's hat. I love that they've thought up real life scenes to add to their exhibits. Bravo Legoland. Bravo. Made me a little teary eyed.Bob the Builder didn't quite know what to think about the stars on Garenn's head.Ryan and Chelsea waiting to go into the 3D show. The girls are ready! Look at that sisterly love. Don't let it fool ya though, either of them could pull out a "I'm telling Mommy!" at anytime.Most of the gang waiting for the show to begin.
Oh my gosh how funny is this? They had the Vegas strip set up. It was really cool. Very realistic. Down to the strippers standing on the street. And the guy with the Hawaiian flower shirt putting his bags into a taxi. These people thought of everything! My sweet cousin Cindi and her son Jacob in "New York."
That elephant is squirting water out of it's trunk. How did they do that?I wasn't kidding before when I said they thought of everything.


Even the cars moved around in some of the displays. I was seriously blown away all the stuff they could build out of Legos. I can't even put my girl's Lego house together WITH the directions and these people are building whole cities!


We seriously had so much fun spending the day with the family laughing together. But soon it was time to pack up and head home. On our way home we decided we better stop and get some In-N-Out since most of us wouldn't get it when we headed back to our home states.

While Chelsea and I were in the drive through we decided we should moon my cousin Abe who was behind us. There's a back story that goes along with this in which years ago Abe chickened out of mooning another car filled with our family because his Grandma Olive was in there. Anyways so I climbed out of the passenger side door, squatted and pointed my rear towards their car. At the last second I chickened out and just pretended to do it. Then I dove back in the car where upon Chelsea and I laughed hysterically. We have a way of laughing uncontrollably over stupid things when we're together.


Chelsea asked me why I chickened out and I said "I couldn't remember what underwear I have on. I think they say something on them and I didn't want them to be sitting there trying to read it." Chelsea busted up laughing again and said "What they heck do they say? Juicy?" Then we were both laughing uncontrollably again. The whole time, Garenn, Tanner, Brooke and Ava were all in the back seat saying "what's so funny?" Which made us laugh even harder.

When we finally composed ourselves, Chelsea's phone rang. It was my cousin Cindi, she was in the car behind us, the one I had just fake mooned. She said "Jacob is asking why you guys stopped laughing?"


All this while we were going through the In-N-Out drive through. How'd you like to be the one to find that surveillance tape? After we got our food we pulled over to the side to hand it to the kids and I walked back my family's car behind us. My Uncle Donnie said "Do you really think you would win a mooning contest when I have Abe?" Then I told them that I chickened out because I wasn't sure if my underwear said "Juicy." At this point I think Chelsea and I were laughing so hard we were almost peeing our pants. And Abe was screaming "TMI! Too much information! TMI!"


Oh man, I'm laughing just thinking about it. I just love my family.