Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day One Hundred and Six

Actual Date: Friday, July 9, 2010

It had been awhile since we had been to the Library and the kids were begging to go. They always have fun when we go there. We used to be in a pretty good routine of going to story time every Wednesday but since we'd been out of town for awhile, we kind of got out of that routine. Ava in the tree house that they have in the middle of the Library.
After we had dinner that night, I had decided that I would go grocery shopping so that we wouldn't have to do it over the weekend. Just as I was grabbing my coupons to head out the door my Mom called. She said that they had planned to have my Papa's funeral the following Wednesday. So Brian and I got on the Internet and started to look up ticket prices. Of course they were outrageous because it was so last minute, even with the bereavement fare reduction. For the price we would have paid for just my ticket we could all drive out there and back and still have money left over.
So that's what we decided to do. Also, my Mom's side of the family was already out in California visiting and I could not miss the chance to see everyone and get the kids all together.
After we decided that we were for sure all driving to California, we said well when should we leave? I said "Welp, today is Friday so we might as well leave tomorrow since you don't work the weekends anyways." So, about 9 p.m. on Friday night I threw a few loads of laundry in before heading the the grocery store. But instead of heading there to do our weekly shopping like I had originally planned on doing, I went to buy road trip snacks!
I stayed up past midnight that night finishing up laundry and getting every one's bags packed. The whole time I was laughing to myself. I could not believe that 3 weeks ago we had just made this crazy drive with our 3 crazy kids, and now, we were going to do it again. Lord help us!

No comments: