Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day One Hundred and Three

Actual Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2010

When we were in California my Dad, being the little Chef he is, made us some yummy Coconut Cinnamon Pineapple thingies. Really they were to die for.
They taste like a Churro and Pina Colada all rolled into one.

Then we got home I realized I had everything that I needed in my pantry to make this yummyness so I did!

First you marinate the pineapple in the coconut milk.

After awhile mix up some cinnamon and sugar.

And coat it on both sides of the pineapple.Place them directly on a hot grill. This will give them those cute little grill lines to make them look pretty and it kinda caramelizes the sugar and that's where the yummyness happens.I threw some Salmon patties on there too because I thought that would go along good with them. Here is everything all finished. I added the coconut milk to the rest of the cinnamon and sugar and mixed it up to make a little sauce to put on the bun. I have to say I probably could have ate it with a spoon.

Ok so maybe I did. But only a few spoonfuls.

All in all this turned out to be a pretty good last minute throw together dinner.

Thanks for the idea Daddy-O.

This day was bitter sweet though. After we had bathed the kids and put them to bed my phone rang and it was my Mom. She told me that my Papa had just passed away. Even though we knew it was coming it was hard to hear the news. I am just glad that he now has a new body in Heaven. One without pain or illness. Although I will miss him terribly, I take refuge in the fact that I know we will one day be together again in Heaven.

Rest in peace Papa.

No comments: