Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day One Hundred and Seven

Actual Date: Saturday, July 10, 2010

On the road again!

We got going about noonish. Everyone was excited to just get in the car and get there. Everything was going good for about 5 hours but then Parker started to fuss. So we pulled over to check on him and he had had a major blow out. We had to change his outfit and everything. Poor guy.

After we got him cleaned up, he settled down a little bit. Then it started to rain. Why is it that every time we have a road trip we run into the biggest storms ever? It was crazy. It was raining so hard that people were pulled over on the side of the road. We just took it slow and after about two hours we got out of it.

Soon Parker was crying again and nothing was making him happy so we pulled over again. Again he had messed through his whole outfit. So we changed him and got him calmed down and drove a little more. We seriously had to stop and change him and his outfit at least 8 times that whole day/night. He was miserable. I felt so bad for him. I did not sleep one wink either because when I was driving, Parker did fall asleep for a little bit but then he woke up and was so upset that I climbed in the back to be with him. Basically I laid over his car seat and wrapped my arms under him and rocked his whole car seat. It would calm him down for a little bit but I could tell he was really uncomfortable.

Luckily about 5 in the morning he went to sleep. But we were almost to my parent's house so I was too excited to sleep. Plus I was worried about Parker.

No comments: