Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day One Hundred and Twelve

Actual Date: Thursday, July 15, 2010
I forgot to post two very important pictures for this day!This first one is Parker standing up on Grandma Cindy's chair. That's how all of my little ones have learned. It's fun for them. There's so much to look at and play with. And then here is my Papa's brother's Marvin (left) and Bill (right). In the middle is Bills friend Darlene. I was so happy that they were all able to make the long drive down to be there for Papa. It was so good to see them.

After all the craziness of the week, we all needed a day of pampering and relaxation. We seriously spent the WHOLE day in Chelsea's shop. Cindi getting her toes done.
My poor Mom was so tired she fell asleep sitting up.
My Aunt Anne wanted some highlights and a hair cut. While Chelsea was doing that someone found the bag of fake hair that we had left over from the last time I had braids. We thought it would be fun to put one in Anne's hair and see Uncle Duane's reaction. He was already worried about what the "California girls" would do to his wife. Walking in to show him. He didn't notice it at first. Then little Ryan said "Mommy, you have a tail!" Then he saw it! It's so fun to tease you Uncle DJ! He's such a good sport.
Anne painting Brooke's nails. "See Mom!"
Cindi reading the kids a story.So since we couldn't get a rise out of Duane by putting a "tail" on his wife we decided maybe we should do something to his son's hair instead! We really wanted to do a Bull Dog paw print ( Anne is a Teacher/Coach at their local school in their home town and their mascot is a Bull Dog) but we did not have the extra sponges that we needed to make the stamp for it. However we did have purpler dye (their school color) so we went ahead and did a purple star.

Little Ryan took a little convincing but eventually he gave in and let us stamp his head. He was so cute telling us stories about his baby sitter and the Barber who cuts his hair back home. Showing DadI believe he said something like "What did those girls do to you?" Then he laughed.

Sure wish I could have been there to see the look on the faces of the people in their little Iowa town when they got home with the little purple starry haired boy.

Uncle Jeff making the Parker face.

While we were in the shop getting all beautified, one of the biggest storms I have ever seen out there came rolling through. The thunder and lightning were really close. At one point the power even went out for awhile. And of course it had to be when I was getting my hair done! I had a full head full of bleach foils too! And since the shop water runs off of a well, we could not get any water because the pump didn't have any power.

We eventually had to pour our water glasses into a spray bottle to try to remove some of the bleach from the spots where it was done already. Just as I was about ready to go and stand under the eve of the house and use the water pouring down off the roof like a shower to rinse my hair, the power came back on and we were able to rinse it out in the sink.After the rain stopped we were left with these huge puddles everywhere. The desert doesn't see much water so the ground is very hard and it's slow to absorb the water.

I was standing outside watching Ava stomp in the little puddles up on the porch. Then I looked out and saw the whole drive way was one big pond. And you know me, I couldn't resist that kind of fun! I grabbed Ava and gave her her very first lesson in Puddle Jumping. Before you know it everyone was out there! We all had the best time splashing around and getting muddy. Although at one point Cindi and I did stop and think about out toes that we had just had painted earlier in the day. Would all the polish be chipped off by the rocks? ... But then we gave in and splashed around some more.

Too bad that Abe had to go home a couple days early. Would have loved to have the chance to drag him in there with us!Brookie Girl. Yep she's definitely my daughter.Me and Ava. She takes after me as well.

Daddy wasn't going anywhere near that water.

After we got cleaned up.Auntie Kath, Uncle David and the kids came over to hang out with everyone for our last night there. It was so very good to see them. Thanks for coming guys. Love you!
The girls sound asleep in the tent we brought from home for them to camp out in. Brian, the kids and I set up camp and overtook Chris and Chelsea's living room with all of our stuff for the few days we were there. Thanks for letting us crash your pad guys!

After everyone was cleaned up and in their jammies Cindi, Chelsea and I headed over to my Parent's house with every one's cameras. We downloaded all the pictures that everyone had taken over the past few days and put them all on one disc so that everyone could have all the pictures. So some of the pictures on here from the past couple posts are not from me. A big thank you to Anne, Cindi, my Mom, Ginny, and Gram. It is so fun go through all of the pictures that everyone else took too.

No comments: