Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day One Hundred and Thirteen

Actual Date: Friday, July 16, 2010


All good things have to come to an end. Today we had to head back home. Everyone else who was visiting had also planned to leave on this day as well. So we got up early to pack up the car and say our good byes.

My little Tanner Bee. I'm gonna miss this kid.


Here's the crazy hair group! Garenn was jealous of Anne's "tail" because he wanted one so he could look like some guy from Star Wars (I'm not sure who because I've never seen Star Wars, nor do I care too). So Chelsea told him he could have one too for a few days.

Parker and Brooke with Auntie Chelsea

After we had only been on the road for less than three minutes, my cell phone rang. It was my Grandma and she said that I had left my camera on the table outside.

*Insert panic here*

I about had a heart attack!

She said "Pull over, DJ will bring it too you."

So we pulled over at the old Lazy Three Cafe (any of you old time El Miragians will know what I'm talking about) and sure enough within minutes my Uncle DJ pulled up on his white horse (ok, maybe it was just a white Cadillac), like my Knight in shinning armor. He saved the day. I would have been so sad if I would have left my camera behind.

We had planned to meet my brother Kenny at his wife's work for lunch. My sister-in-law Heather works at a BBQ place in Havasu that I have heard was amazing. We decided that we were going to surprise her. Kenny told her he was coming for lunch and bringing someone but wouldn't tell her who.

While we were driving the temperature slowly started to creep up. I started taking pictures of it when it said 113*. Then before we knew it, the temperature would go up one more degree. Then I'd take another picture. It went on and on like this until we finally got to a toasty 116*.

Let me tell you it is every bit as unpleasant as it sounds. Literally when we got out at the restaurant it felt like we opened the door to an oven and stepped inside. Gross. I don't think I could handle that kind of heat everyday. We scurried inside. Half because we were eager to get into the air conditioned building and half because I was afraid if we stood in the same place too long my shoes could possibly start melting to the asphalt parking lot.

Oh yeah and because we were excited to see Heather Feather! That was the main reason!


So we finally got to try some of this World famous Waldo's BBQ that we'd heard so much about. And let me tell you it lives up to all the hype. Brian and I seriously stuffed ourselves. It was so yummy.

Parker loved it too. I put some BBQ sauce on a Cheerio and gave it to him. I know I'm a mean Mom. I wanted to see his reaction. It took him a second, then he made the funniest face ever. But after he got over it he begged for more. So I gave him a few more. Just look at that face. He loved it!

Parker with Auntie Heather


Parker and Uncle Kenny

As a side note: If you are ever out in Havasu, or live near there, and need your car or boat detailed, contact my brother (Arizona Hydro Clean). He's the best there is. I am excited to see his business grow because in the future I plan on sending the kids out there for the Summer to "help" Uncle Kenny.

Thanks for lunch guys! We miss you and love you. Wish Arizona was closer!

No comments: