Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day One Hundred! (Can you believe it?!)

Actual Date: Saturday, July 3, 2010
Day One Hundred! Can you believe it? I can't. I was so far behind by this point that I didn't even realize it when it happened. I wish I would have. I could have done something special. Well I kind of did. We'll get to that in a minute though.
First, in honor of the 100th post I added a new little feature to the bottom of each post. It's called "reactions." Those of you who who feel inclined to do so can choose your own personal reaction to the post each day. They had some generic responses up there but I added one of my own on the end. If you can think of any other appropriate responses that you think should be added, let me know.
Ok now onto the something special. Since Brian was home and it was the day before the 4th of July I decided I should cook something a little more special than our normal every day dinner. Plus, like I said, Brian was home and could watch the kids for me so I could actually focus on cooking.
I had found a recipe on Pioneer Woman's site a few days before and it looked absolutely yummy. For those of you who don't know who the Pioneer Woman is you need to! http://thepioneerwoman.com/ Go there and go there now. I'm completely addicted to everything on that site. And you will be too. Her photos are amazing and she'll keep you laughing the whole time.
Anyways, so I followed her recipe for Ginger Steak Salad and let me tell you it was scrumdiddlyumptious. Brian had been outside with the kids while I was cooking and he came in and his exact words were "It smells like P.F. Changs in here!"
This recipe was super simple and super tasty. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to try more things from her site.

No comments: