Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day Ninety-Nine

Actual Date, Friday, July 2, 2010
After we got home from the gym on this day, I went to unbuckle the kids from their car seats and I realized they were filthy. Not just filthy but nasty filthy. After the countless hours spent in our car in the last month on vacation, the car seats were trashed. So I took them out so I could clean 'em up.

Taking them apart took over an hour. Every time I do it I think, "OK this will be easier next time. Now I know how to do it!" Right...

Anyways, as soon as I had gotten the car seats all apart and in the washer Brian called. I had told him to invite his new boss and his family over next weekend since they are new in town and don't really know anyone either. He told me that they had plans next weekend but that they asked if we could come over tonight? I told him sure that's fine as long as you help me put all three car seats back together when you get home... And you can bet he was excited about that part of the deal. Not!

We got all of the car seats back together (it only took 25 minutes with the two of us doing it), and we headed over to Adam and Cindy's house. We had yummy food and had fun meeting everyone. They have four kids. Their youngest son is around the girls age so they had fun playing together. We even got to meet their horse. Ava was especially excited about that. She's a self proclaimed "cowgirl wee how!"

Everyone was having so much fun getting to know each other that by the time any of us looked at the clock it was way late. So we all said our goodbyes and exchanged phone numbers so we could meet up again. Cindy said she and her girls would teach me how to make hair bows which I am super excited about because as some of you know I have a little bit of an obsession with those things. My girls probably have about 35...at least...

When we got home I realized in all the fun and excitement, I had forgotten to take a picture for the day! So as the girls were in the bathroom brushing their teeth and getting ready for bed, I took a picture of the time. I was pretty proud that my kids all stayed up and were actually pretty well behaved.

Oh and p.s. to my Aunt Pat. Does that lamp look familiar? You and Bob gave it to me for Christmas like 12 years ago. Thanks!

No comments: