Friday, August 20, 2010

Day One Hundred and Eleven

Actual Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Parker was very excited to see Grandma this morning. As soon as he came through the door at my Grams house and saw her he dove for her and gave her a great big hug.


Everyone was busy this day getting every last thing prepared for my Papa's funeral service this afternoon. Thank you again to everyone who helped. It was such a blessing. Everything turned out amazing. There's no way we could have done any of this without you.


Photos as you walked into the serviceThis is Papa and Gram's wedding picture. To the left of it is Papa's parents on their wedding day.Flowers from friends and family along with the beautiful bench from the family.
Thank you everyone. The flowers and cards full of thoughtful words brought us much comfort.Papa's Urn with the beautiful flower arrangement around it. This was an idea that my Great Aunt Ginny told us about. Each color and type of flower represents a family member.


The yellow rose on the top represents my Grandma Leona.

The three white flowers represent the three kids.

The eight blue Carnations are for all of us Grandchildren.

And the red Daises represent all of Papa's Great Grand Children.


Isn't that such a great idea to have him surrounded by all the ones he loved? I thought so.The anchor to pay tribute to his Navy days.One of the photo boards.The other. (Great job girls!)Flag for the Military Ceremony.
The service was beautiful. It was so heart warming to hear everyone who spoke such great words about my Grandpa. He was a loving man who touched so many lives. It really make me think about the impact that I am making in this world and what kind of legacy I will leave behind.
Chelsea and I went up front together and talked about our favorite memory of our Papa. When we were younger he used to tell us that his car had wings. And we believed him of course because he was our Papa. He wouldn't lie to us...right? He told us that he had to get up to a certain speed and then he would pop open his glove box and push a button inside there. Or pretend to push it anyways...
The car would rocket forward (probably from him pressing the gas pedal down) and he would say to us "can you feel the G-Forces?" We thought he had the coolest car ever.
One day when we were driving with him, Chelsea could not resist. She reached over and popped open the glove box and pushed the button as we were driving down the road. All of a sudden the trunk flew open.
We all had a great laugh. A few weeks before Papa passed he wasn't feeling so well but he was still responsive. We asked him if he remembered when that happened and he got a huge smile on his face and nodded his head yes. It was comforting to know that that fun memory was still with him in his final days. Hollywood (Mike) and ChelseaKar, Shawnee and GramAunt Pat, Kenny, and Grandma Helen
After the service a lot of us headed back to my Grandma and Chelsea's house to have some dinner and time for fellowship.While we were all at the funeral service my Aunt Anne and Cousin Cindi stayed behind to watch the kids. They are the brave ones. Seven kids, all 4 years and under. Brave brave girls!
I was surprised to find them both in one piece when we got home. And not only did they survive but they were able to get them all fed and in their jammies! Thanks again Anne and Cindi. You guys are life savers.Parker tuckered out from being sick and all the fun he'd been having with his cousins. Chels and Nate aka Goofballs

Shawnee Girl!
Karlana opening her presents. Our little Cha Cha is growing up. She graduated High School this year. *sniff sniff* But the exciting thing is that she's heading to Texas to go to Texas Tech! I can not tell you how excited I am about that.

For the past couple months my Mom, Grandma, Chelsea and I have been putting together some things that she'll need for her new college life. We had more than fun than should be allowed at the Dollar Tree store just picking out stuff for her shower caddy. I also bought her a big laundry bag and laundry soap in hopes that every time it gets full, she'll make the couple hour drive to my house so I can wash it for her!

And then Chels and I found this frame that the whole family signed. Inside I put a picture of her with her Dad, Mom, Sister and Brother on her graduation night.

I'm so proud of you Kar! I know you'll do great.

No comments: