Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day One Hundred and Two

Actual Date: Monday, July 5, 2010
Our neighbors who I talked about yesterday, Miles and Jessica, invited us over for dinner on this day. It's so fun to get together with other people instead of sitting at home staring at each other. Parker playing with one of Max and Hunter's (Miles and Jessica's boys) old toys. I love that it's the old Fisher Price farm! Takes me back to childhood.
While we were in California they watched our cats for us. When we got home, the boys had talked their parents into getting a kitten because they loved watching ours so much. Too bad they didn't tell us, I would have gladly given them Kitty Face aka Pee Pants for free.
Anyways, inside the little barn there is their newest family addition, Daisy. I have to admit she is pretty cute. The kids had fun playing with her.
Ok this next thing I am going to share with you is something huge! Seriously it changed my life in a big way... Did you know you can make S'mores in the microwave?!
You did?
And you never told me?!
I did not know this until that very night.
What you do is set them up like this: cracker, chocolate and then stand the marshmallow on top.
(Side note: whenever I hear or say the word marshmallow, I think of my little nephew Garenn, who called them "marsh-the-mallow" for the longest time. He went through a phase of putting the word "the" in between words. Like instead of saying Uncle Ronald, he would say "Uncle the Ronald. Any who, I can't say the word without thinking of "marsh-the-mallow." Just had to share.)
Now, put it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds depending on how many you have in there.
When the marshmallow starts to puff up it's ready.

When they come out put a gram cracker top on it.

And chow down. Seriously, it's yummy. Too yummy.
I think I had about 5.
Shhh don't tell anyone.
This is what I found when I came back from changing Ava's diaper... I asked what was going on and Miles said "I'm being supportive of Parker's helmet." Haha What a friend. Brian was part of the team too. So of course I had to get in on it.
p.s. Miles may or may not be doing my nails with the nail buffer at that moment.
Jessica, why didn't you stop me?!
Haha. No really we did have fun. We are so blessed to have such awesome neighbors. Every time we have moved we've been fortunate enough to move right next door (or down the street from, in some cases) to some amazing people.

No comments: