Friday, April 23, 2010

Day Twenty-Three

Time to get caught up! I am now a week behind. I told myself I wouldn't get behind and now here I am. I have a good excuse though, my strep came back. This last Friday I couldn't take it any longer so I went to the Urgent Care because my doctor did not have any appointments left. I got a new antibiotic and it is helping tons! So now I need to get this up to date!
Actual date: Monday, April 19, 2010
Parker had his appointment early this morning to get his band. This is him a few minutes after getting it on. He doesn't seem to mind it at all. All he was worried about was flirting with Mrs. Wendy, the technician who we have been seeing. He just loves her.



After that we went to the Fort Worth Zoo to celebrate Grandpa Jim's Birthday. We let him pick what he wanted to do. And "by let him pick" I mean we gave him the option of shopping or going to the zoo. He picked the zoo...go figure.
Here's Ava showing her "crokerdial teef"This was weird! All that stuff in there is stuff that has been found inside different crocodiles stomachs!Brooke growled at this lion and he woke up and looked right at her. Then he stood up and turned his back to her and laid back down. Brooke said "Mom, he doesn't want to play."Ava loves her some Kangaroo. She was SOOOOO excited to see just the statue of the Kangaroo. We practically had to drag her away from it to go see the real thing. She thought that the statue was real. When we did see the real ones she told me that all the babies were "crying for their Mamas." She got that from an episode of the Wonder Pets, one of her favorites, where the baby Kangaroo gets lost and crys out for its Mama."That thing was HUGE!One of our favorite things were the monkeys. The girls are still talking about how the monkeys were swinging around with bags on their heads showing off. There was even a Mommy with a little tiny baby. It was so cute.
When we left the zoo Grandma Marcia let the girls pick out one special stuffed animal each. Ava of course picked a Kangaroo and Brooke picked a Panda Bear. The Panda Bear was a hilarious choice to Marcia and I because we did not see any Pandas all day. But Brooke insisted on having a Panda. In fact on the way to the car she said "the best part of the whole day was getting my Panda Bear!" After all the fun we had at the Zoo we came home and had a wonderful dinner. Steak, twice baked potatoes and salad. Yum! I am full just thinking about it. After that we had cake and ice cream. I'm not sure where we put it all but I'm sure I'll find it when I get back on the scale this week. Brooke helped me decorate the cake in a Nascar theme. Here is Grandpa as the winner with the Sprint Girls behind him. There's a little inside joke about that with our family.

No comments: