Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Twenty-Nine

Actual Date: Friday, April 23, 2010
I just realized you can't really tell what's on the nightstand. It's a Bible on top of the DVD case of The Grinch.
A few days ago Brook said she wanted to watch the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch. Up till this point she has been scared of it but she said "Mom, I'm almost 4 so I'm big enough now." About a half hour into it she turned it off and said "Never mind. I don't like it" but she neversaid it scared her.
Later that night, a few hours after she had fallen asleep she came into my room and told me, " I'm not dreaming too good..." Which in her words means she had a nightmare. So I took her back to bed and rocked her back to sleep. The next night the same thing happened. This time I asked her what her dream was about. She told me that she was keeps seeing the part on The Grinch where the little girl gets stuck in the mail sorter and it scares her.
So I layed back down with her and we started talking. Then it came to me. I said "You know what, you don't have to be scared. God is always with you. Maybe we can pray that he will take the scary dream out of your head?" Next thing I know she's crying. When I ask her whats wrong she says "I don't want God to have to take my bad dream because then it will be stuck in His head." My poor sweet little girl. She's always concerned about everyone else.
After I explained to her that God is bigger than anything and he can handle anything we said a prayer for God to take her bad dream. The next morning when I asked her how she slept she said, "Great! I prayed for Jesus to take my bad dream and put it in a glass jar. Then I prayed that his Daddy would not let him open it to let the bad dream out, even if it bangs against the glass. So now God has it."
I love the way kids think. And I guess this is proof that " God is bigger than the Boogieman."

No comments: