Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Six


April showers bring May flowers!
God sure does have some sense of humor. I swear when I left this morning for Costco it was just sprinkling. As soon as I got all three kids out of the car and started to head in the store, it started coming down fast. When we finished up I was relived to see that the rain had let up, or so I thought. After hiking half way across the parking lot my car was in sight. That's when it really started to pour! By the time I got Parker's car seat unburied from all of our goodies and got the girls in the car, my hair that I had spent so much time on this morning was ruined and I'm pretty sure my makeup was gone by that point too. After I shoved everything in the car and put the cart away I was soaked to the bone. On the way home the rain let up a little. But wouldn't you know as soon as I pulled into the drive way, it started dumping again. It's times like these that you just have to give in and smile. Too many people these days get upset too easy. My goal is to try to find a positive in everything. So here's my positive, I am thankful that I got soaked because that means that I was able to have the money to buy the groceries that took so long to put into the car. Many people in this world go without food or have to work very hard for the very little they do have. All I had to do was push it across a parking lot and so what if I got a little wet along the way. So for that, I am thankful! God sure does have a funny way of speaking to me sometimes.
As for the picture. When we got home, the girls and I decided to dance in the rain. I was already soaking wet so I figured what could it hurt. I love making memories like these.

2 comments:

aubri said...

I'm so excited that you have a blog! I love blogging:) You are the cutest ever, Kyla and have the most adorable little family there ever was:)

Kyla said...

Aw thanks Aubs! I'm excited too. It's been fun so far. How do I follow your blog? I am still so new to this stuff.