Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day Thirty-One

Actual Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last weekend we tried a new church. We have tried at least 4 since moving back here and we finally decided we should just bite the bullet and make the drive to our old church that we used to go to when we first lived in Texas. We love it there but the drive was really starting to be an issue for us. By the time we got home more than half the day was gone. A few weeks ago we got a flyer in the mail for a church. After checking out their website it sounded like it would be a good fit for us and as a plus, it's less than 5 minutes from our house. So said we'd try this one last church. I am so glade we did. We really liked it. We plan on going back next week.
Everyone was super friendly and the kids loved it. The message was really good as well. They are doing a series on how to "Lovestrong." Each week they are kind of doing a play off of popular televising show names and applying it to everyday lives. This week that we attended happened to be "The Bachelor." It was a serious on living single but he also touched on some great points for married and divorced couples as well.
I am a note taker. I have my own journal and I have to take notes or I don't remember anything. Plus it gives me a chance to write down key points and verses to look up later. As I look over last weeks notes one of my favorite lines that the Pastor said is "Unforgiveness is like drinking poison, expecting the other person to die." That is so true. A lot of times we hang on to something that someone did or said to us and dwell on it so much that we actually make the wounds worse. In a sense we make in impossible for ourselves to heal because of the anger we are carrying around.
There were a lot of great points that were touched on in that sermon but that was just one that jumped out at me. Can't wait to hear what is in store next week, the topic is "The Office." Should be interesting.

No comments: