Friday, March 4, 2011

Willy Wonka

Actual Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011
After we dropped Brooke off at school Ava, Parker and I headed to the gym.  We dropped Parker off in the Childcare area and then Ava and I headed to the Salon to get our hair did.  I love this about our gym. There are so many ways for me to get in the much needed one on one time with each kid.  As well as solo Mommy time because all of us Moms know how important that is.  Not just for us but for the rest of the family as well.


It was time for Ava to get a "big girl hair cut."  Up till this point she'd only just had trims but the fine baby hair ends were just starting to get to tangly.  Brian and I discussed it and we decided that the best thing to do was to just bite the bullet and go for it.  A few of my friends little girls have little bob cuts and they are cute so that made me feel a little better about it.  

Here we go!  Of course I forgot my camera!  What the heck is wrong with me?  So I had to take all these with my phone.

We talked it over with Mrs. Erica and we decided to give Ava an A line hair cut.  She didn't tell me this tell after but apparently that is a tough hair cut for little one's to sit through because they have to hold their chins down most of the time.  Ava did pretty good with it though.  I squatted down by her feet so she would look down and we sang songs to help pass the time.  

Look at all that hair!  It about gave me a panic attack.

Almost finished!

Look at that goofy face.  This girl cracks me up.  You never know what she's going to do.  She's usually a little chatter box but I think because she was the only kid there she clammed up a little.  Whenever we asked her a question she would just make silly faces.  

The finished product.

It makes her look like such a big girl now.  Where did my baby Ava go?  

I have to share with y'all the funny thing Brooke said that night at dinner.  We were all sitting around eating dinner and Brooke says "Ava, I really like you're new hair cut.  It makes you look like Willy Wonka."

I'll pause here and let you catch you're breath and change you're pants if you peed from laughing so hard... because I know I did.


Seriously.


Ok well not really but almost.  

 Then Brooke said "What?  It was a compliment!"  And she really meant it too because she got her feelings hurt that I was laughing.  I told her I was sorry and that was a very nice thing to say to her sister.

Brian was working late so he wasn't home to hear it and I couldn't call him because he was in a meeting so I went in my closet and shut the door so Brooke wouldn't hear and get her feelings hurt, and called my Mom and my cousin Chelsea.  We all laughed so hard we cried.


I miss that.  We used to do that all the time.  Especially Chels and I.  For some reason we seem to find things funnier than most people... especially when we're together.

Willy Wonka... It still makes me grin just thinking about it.  Think Johnny Depp version, not the old one.


Do you see it now?

Oh yeah and here's my new do too.  I have bangs now!  It was time to change things up.  I haven't had bangs since Grade school so it feels kinda funny.  

They tickle.  But I'm sure I'll get used to them.

No comments: