Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sunbutter and Brian's B-Day

Actual Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2011
Is the salsa a little to spicy for Ava?

No.  She loves it!

Ava helped me make a new -throw it all in the blender- type of salsa and it turned out delish!

Oh and look what we got in the mail...


Can I get an Amen?

Two 5 pound tubs of Sunbutter.  My life has never been more complete.  

Ok maybe I'm taking it a little over board but I'm extremely excited about this.  Because of Brooke's Peanut allergy none of us can eat Peanut Butter.  We've tried Soy Butter but we couldn't choke it down.  It was not very yummy at all.  

Then we found Sunbutter and the clouds parted and the Angels sang.  It is a Peanut Butter replacement made with Sunflower seeds.  You can use it in any way you would use Peanut Butter.  Although if you cook with it you have to adjust something with the baking soda or baking powder or it will turn green or something like that.  

We love us some Sunbutter in this house.  Imagine not being able to run to the cupboard and make your kid a Peanut Butter sandwich on any given day.  It's a staple for kids.  Sunbutter allows that to happen in our house.
    


Best part of the whole thing, "Processed in a peanut and tree nut free facility."

Ok wait.  Maybe this is the best part of the whole thing.  

I just wanna dip a spoon in there and eat it!  

It was Brian's Birthday this day so we had one of his favorite dinners and then he opened his presents.







I had to get a picture of this.  Brian has been obsessed with BBQ sauce lately.  Seriously, I think it's a problem.  

Maybe he's pregnant?  

I have had to start buying it in bulk at Costco.  For reals...

Is there some kind of 12 step program for this because I'm pretty sure he needs it?


It was Dr. Seuss' Birthday too!  So Brooke's class made special hats to celebrate.


After presents we at cake.  Well, frozen Oreo Cupcakes for the kids and Olive Garden's White Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake.  Brian's favorite.  I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said "White Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake!"

I felt bad because apparently it's processed in a place with peanuts so Brooke couldn't have it.... Long story but I called ahead to order it to go and I specifically asked the guy if it had or may contain peanuts and he told me "No, no nuts."  I asked him again and told him it was important to know because my daughter is allergic to peanuts and again he told me "It's fine.  No nuts."

He didn't speak very good English and I could tell he didn't understand the importance of the question so when I got to Olive Garden I made it a point to ask for the allergen statement for it.  The lady at the front said she would check with the Manager.  20 minutes later... after trying to contain my two little ones  all that time, who were beyond hungry and tired... the Manager comes out and says in fact it was processed in a plant with peanuts.  Good thing I double checked huh?

Anyways, here's the birthday boy blowing out his candles.

And Parker man singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs.

Look how sweet he is holding that baby.  He's going to be a good Daddy someday.





Happy Birthday Humblies!  We love you.  Thank you for everything you do for me and our family.

No comments: