Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gatlin's Birthday Bash and Ava's Head Bash

Actual Date: Friday, February 25, 2011
We had so much fun this day at our little friend Gatlin's 2nd Birthday party.

Ava, Elli, Avery & Brooke

I guess this is the only picture I got of the Birthday boy but there he is opening his presents.

Brooke in her birthday hat.


Ava was a little excited to be there...


Seriously, I think she must have snuck a soda.  That girl was hopped up on something.


Parker playing bubbles.


Sportin' a birthday hat.

Brian came to the party after work and then he took the kids home with him so I could grocery shop.  When i got home Ava was the only one still awake.  

It's her nightly routine get up about a bigillian times and say she needs to go potty or whatever excuse she can drum up.  On this night she was pulling the potty card.  Brian and I were in the living room and she went into our bathroom.  On her way back out she was running and somehow she slipped and knocked her head on the door jam.  

Brian scooped her up and she did "that cry."  You know the one where they stand there with their mouths open and do the silent scream for what seems like 5 minutes before they even take a breath.  Once we got her calmed down we took a second to check out the damage.  

When I saw how bad it was my heart skipped a beat.  It was so awful.  We put some ice on it but I was scared to let her go to sleep so we had her sleep with us that night.  I turned on a movie for her to watch for a bit so I could keep an eye on her.  Boy was that a mistake.  She ended up watching the whole thing and when it was over she woke ME up asking for a new one!

In the morning it was much better and it never even bruised up like I thought it would.  I was thinking it was going to look horrible for weeks but it cleared up pretty quick and she acted like nothing ever happened.  What a relief. 

No comments: