Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Honest Ava

Actual Date: Monday, February 28, 2011

We had been working on potty training with Ava for a few months.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, potty training will be the death of me.  Or so I thought...

One day when Ava was talking to my Mom on the phone she promised Ava that she would buy her some dance shoes when she was completely potty trained.  That's all it took.  Within a week she was fully trained! 

Every time she would go on the potty she would say "Can I get my dance shoes now?"  Finally after a week with no accidents I took her to get her a pair of her very own dance shoes.  I let her have her choice between tap or ballet shoes and she chose ballet.  

While the lady at the store was helping her try on a pair she asked "Are you starting dance class?"  I explained to the girl that they were a reward for her being potty trained.  That's when Ava pipped in and in a cheery voice she proclaimed "I go poop too!"  

You gotta love her!

Later that afternoon we picked Brooke up from school and took her to dance class.  When we got there Ava got in line with all the girls when they lined up to head into class.  When I told her that she couldn't go in class with the girls and she gave me the saddest look ever.  I felt so bad.  I guess she thought now that she has dance shoes she can go to dance class.

I'm so sorry baby girl!  As soon as you are old enough I will enroll you.  Only a few more months!

No comments: