Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Iced In

Actual Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011
We woke up this morning to about an inch and a half of ice.  Yep you heard me.  Ice.

It looks like it might be snow but it was pure ice.  It was so slippery the girls were sliding around on the grass!

The girls played outside for awhile until they got too cold.  They they came in and I made them some Hot Coco, Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup.  

I had a fire burning the whole day to keep us toasty.  Our tree in the back yard had been eaten alive by ants last year so Brian had to cut it down.  We cut it all up and saved it for firewood.  It was worth all that work.  There's nothing more cozy than a warm fire on a cold Winters day.  

Look at that piece of wood.  Doesn't it look like a heart?  Cool huh?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
We woke up this morning to more ice.  The weather never warmed up the day before so we still had yesterdays ice as well.  Brooke begged me to take her to school because she wanted to play in the ice with her friends.  Her school stays open on bad weather days for parent's that still have to work.  But they have a delayed start.  So I told her I would try to get her there.  We drove slow and we made it but when we got there, the school was closed.  Apparently they had no power so they had to shut down.  So we skated home on the ice for another snow day!

Thursday, February 3, 2011
Ava came out on this morning and said "I'm ready to play snow!'  She's such a silly girl.  Never a dull moment when she's around.  I love it.

That's a little better baby girl.  :o)


That night Brian helped me hang up some stuff that I've been wanting to get up for awhile now but I could never commit to where I wanted it.  After being cooped up staring at the same blank walls for a few days now, I was finally ready.

I have been wanting for a few years now to make a wall of different crosses.  So people have been giving me crosses to help fulfill that vision for me.

Next Brian hung up a sign that I had bought for the girls room.  It's kinda hard to read from the glare but it says "One show can change your life. -Cinderella"

Speaking of the girls, here they are reading a book before bed.

I can't believe that these beautiful babies call me Mommy.  I am so blessed!  

No comments: