Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day One Hundred and Forty-Six

Actual Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2010Here's those cakes I warned you about. They seriously have about 500 pounds of butter a piece. It's called a "Dump Cake." Basically you do just that: dump in a can or two of pie filling (we used apple and cherry) and then on top of that you dump a box of yellow (may have been white, I can't remember but I'm sure either would taste fine). Then here's the real kicker, just cut little pads of butter and cover the whole thing. And when I mean cover, I mean COVER. I was kinda putting even rows and spaces and Cindy said no no no! You have to cover the whole top with butter. So make sure if you make this that you COVER the top.
You'll thank me for it later...
So there you have it. That was our spread for Free Lunch Wednesday. Cindy and I both heated up two pans of lasagna each at our homes and the boys heated up some in the kitchen at work. Then we added to that; garlic bread, veggies and of course the yummy Dump Cake.
The kids went with me to help deliver it and they had fun having lunch with everyone at Daddy's work.

No comments: