Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day One Hundred and Forty-One

Actual Date: Friday, August 13, 2010Someone was feeling a little better today. He discovered Mommy's Tupperware cupboard.



Look at those poor little tired eyes. He was pretty weak still but he actually had an appetite and some energy today.




He'd pretty much ruined all of his pants earlier in the week so at this point we were going with just a diaper.


The funny thing about this picture is that some mom's would be trying their hardest to keep their babies out of the cupboards but I was encouraging him because he was really using his legs a lot and that's something he normally doesn't do. The deeper he made it into the cupboard, the more Tupperware he threw out, the more I got excited.


By the time he was done my kitchen floor was like a land mine of Tupperware. But I didn't mind. It was the reward for all of those hard spent hours working in physical therapy and at home as well. Job well done Parker!

Late in the afternoon I missed a call from the doctor's office. The message said that all of the tests came back clear...weird. The only thing off was that his white blood cell count was a little high. The nurse said on the message that even though the tests did not find any Salmonella in the sample that we sent off to the lab, the doctor was still convinced that is what he was suffering from. We were to continue to keep him hydrated and comfortable, the bloody diapers could last up to 10 days.


This made me a little nervous but he did seem to be feeling better today and the diapers were not as bad today as they had been the past 4 days. But what about that whole high white blood cell count? That freaked me a little too. So I called back the doctor's office to see if I could get a answer as to why it would be high, but they had all gone home for the weekend! Eeks!


So of course I did the worst thing possible and looked up "high white blood cell count in a child" on the Internet and that wasn't any help. They kept using words like Leukemia and Cancer... OK now I was even more freaked than I was before! And I have the whole weekend to sit and worry until I can talk to the doctor! Why did I do that to myself?

No comments: