Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day One Hundred and Forty-Nine

Actual Date: Saturday, August 21, 2010
Time for a Hardie Party!
On this day we went to Adam and Cindy's house for a little company get together. Brooke and Daddy ridding the 4 wheeler.


Parker playing with Mrs. Cindy.


Ava's turn! She was cracking us up because she had her fingers in her ears the whole time. But she also had a smile on her face. She loved it.


Time for cake! It was a thank you cake for years of service.
Dan, Brian, Josh

This kid cracks me up. It's a little blurry because no doubt he was running by like a bolt of lightning. Little Raymond, he's so cute. Especially when he says "Yes Ma'am" to any question you ask him.



Me:"Raymond, did you have fun at school?"


Raymond: "Yes Ma'am."


Me:"Is your favorite color blue?"

Raymond:"Yes Ma'am."

And to be fair, all of Adam and Cindy's kids are just as well mannered. But Raymond says it the cutest because he still has a little baby voice.


Another hard day on the farm.

Parker is the Lady's man. Here he is with Lisa.

Or "Mrs. Wesa" in Ava's words.


The crew playing Bocce Ball.
It was a great get together. Lots of good food. Including deer...I thought it was brisket... actually it was pretty good.

And then there was the Goop cake. I swear it's from the Devil. It is sinfully delicious. Duane, or "Mr. Wayne" again in Ava's words, made it. When I asked him what it was made of he said "sugar." It was pretty darn good. Somehow we got sent home with a huge pan of it. I think I maybe gained 77 pounds from it too. I finally had to make Brian take the rest of it to work with him or I would have polished off the whole pan myself.

I'm not kidding either. I have no will power. And that Goop cake took it to a whole nother level.

I'm going to have to get the recipe.

Hopefully he tells me it's a secret family recipe that he can't give out because I probably shouldn't tempt myself with that kinda goodness.

No comments: