Friday, October 29, 2010

Day One Hundred and Fifty-Six

Actual Date: Saturday, August 28, 2010


Today was a beautiful day. One of my best friends, Andrea, was getting married!

She had called me earlier in the week to ask if I would take the pictures at the wedding... (insert panic attack here)

I was super nervous. I just knew I would mess the whole thing up. It's not like you can just re- do that whole day or tell everyone to 'hold it right there' while you set up for the perfect shot. I had never done anything like this before and I was scared that she would hate what I did and then in turn hate me when it was all said and done with.

She assured me that would never happen and I agreed to go ahead and take the pictures for her.



When I arrived at the site I went inside and spent some time with Andrea and then I told her I was going outside to get some shots of everything before the guests started to arrive. It was a beautiful location. A winery in Burleson, Tx. It was perfect for a intimate wedding like this one.

There's a little creek that runs along where they were having the reception so I headed down there to say a little prayer and settle my nerves. And this is what I saw. Is that not God or what? How beautiful is that?

After seeing that I was more at ease and inspired so I got right to work.
So this was a great traditional idea with a modern twist. They each wanted to pour different sand into the same jar as a symbol of them coming together and becoming one. But they wanted to include their children . So they had 4 more colors, one for each child.
Isn't that a great idea?

Abbie! This is Andrea's daughter. She was just a baby when we lived here three years ago. Well not really. She was 4 maybe even just turned 5 but she was still little! Now look at her, shes beautiful!

Andrea's vows
The rings
The Beautiful Bride and Maid of Honor
Noah! This is Andrea's son. Now he really was a baby. He was two when he was first in my class. He ran around with his paci until we finally convinced him to "give" them to the babies in the class down the hall. Where have the years gone? I miss that sweet little paci face running up to me saying "Miss Kyla, (I wasn't even married yet!) we go outside?"

Sand Ceremony:

:o)

Exchanging vowes

Mr. & Mrs.!

Ah, me and my Andrea! I love this girl. She has the sweetest heart ever. I'm so happy I could be there to be a part of her day.

And I had to throw in this very last shot from the night. It is Andrea's Mom's hand. There's a story behind this picture. The beautiful pearl ring and the exquisitely beaded bag were their Grandmothers. She wore the ring and brought the purse so she could be a part of the ceremony. Isn't that heartwarming?

There were a million more pictures from that night but I just wanted to share some of my favorites. Even though it was nerve wracking, I had a blast doing it. People have asked if I plan on doing any more weddings anytime soon... and that makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love doing it. I just don't love the pressure of it. My ideal situation would be if someone would come along and say "Hey, you, with the face. Come be my back up photographer!" I would love that! I could do stuff like this all day every day if that was the case.


No comments: